SASS Wire Forum

Great! Now we are going to tick off the aliens.

Pat Riot

Japan successfully blows crater in an asteroid. 

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190425/p2g/00m/0dm/095000c

In many sci-fi stories the first act of “aggression” outside our atmosphere touches off anything from invasion to annihilation....we are doomed! :P 

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In many sci-fi stories the first act of “aggression” outside our atmosphere touches off anything from invasion to annihilation....we are doomed! :P 

Speaking of doomed are you shooting the Cowboys match at Norco on Sunday? If so I’ll get you on our posse.

15 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Speaking of doomed are you shooting the Cowboys match at Norco on Sunday? If so I’ll get you on our posse.

:D Yes, I am! :D

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

:D Yes, I am! :D

I think you’re covered. See you Sunday.

15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh, THOSE aliens.  Them I worry about, but the ones from here on our own planet I really WANT to tick off.  Maybe enough so they'll stay home and stop invading us.

P. O. O. P!

Here in the real world, the idea of mining asteroids is moving forward with vigor.  Last year or so, you may recall Space X was able to land a rocket on an asteroid, then take off and land on earth safely.  That mission was R&D for future asteroid mining operations.

30 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Wait a minute!!!

I ain't done pissing off everybody on this planet and now you want me to start on the whole Galaxy?

Sure do expect much, don't you?

A popular bumper sticker on logging trucks in my area used to say "EARTH FIRST! We'll log the other planets later..."

Funny thing was, when they sent the two Voyager probes into outer space Carl Sagan had them install a golden record on each one with sounds of Earth and a map of where in the Solar System we came from. He wanted the probes to include a friendly "hello" from us to any intelligent life forms who might find them thousands of years later. Critics said that we were basically giving away our position to any potentially hostile alien creatures who might come across them. His counter-argument was that with all the radio waves we've given off in the past 100 or so years anything looking for us would already have no trouble finding us.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

We must declare a border somewhere. Any aliens coming closer to earth than the orbit of Lagrange L2 outside the orbit of the moon should be considered hostile.

I want to see what the wall is going to look like if we do that.

6 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Here in the real world, the idea of mining asteroids is moving forward with vigor.  Last year or so, you may recall Space X was able to land a rocket on an asteroid, then take off and land on earth safely.  That mission was R&D for future asteroid mining operations.

When was this? I missed it?

You’d think the Japanese would have learned after Gamera et al.

6 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I don’t think Spacex did that. Yet.

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing was, when they sent the two Voyager probes into outer space Carl Sagan had them install a golden record on each one with sounds of Earth and a map of where in the Solar System we came from. He wanted the probes to include a friendly "hello" from us to any intelligent life forms who might find them thousands of years later. Critics said that we were basically giving away our position to any potentially hostile alien creatures who might come across them. His counter-argument was that with all the radio waves we've given off in the past 100 or so years anything looking for us would already have no trouble finding us.

V'ger seeks the creator! V'ger seeks the creator! V'ger...  And they killed off Capt. Kirk (although Shatner is scheduled to be at Denver's StarFest this Sunday!) 

Live long and prosper!

Ad Astra!

Archived