SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Col. Falcon Tuscarora, #29154

Price on AWA lightning rifle. 38 spl.

What JB said except if original Colt Lightning parts will fit the AWA, and I think they may but not sure, there are some parts available. I won't post the sellers information but if you contact me by email I will let you know. Also, Lassiter works on them and may have parts or a source for them. 

As far as price goes, they came in many barrel configurations, finishes, hard to just say a price without knowing more about the gun. 

I have an AWA lightning in 44-40 that works flawlessly.  that being said, I know parts are scarce if I do have a problem.  I was pretty lucky, paid $500 for mine about 4 years ago.  

I have two AWA Lightings, one in .44-40 and one in .45 Colt   The .45 is my favorite main match rifle, and both of them work just fine.

As far as price goes, I'd say anything in the 5 to 6 hundred range is reasonable.   700 plus is too much for a used gun of this type.

If my memory serves, I paid 700 for the .45 brand new and about 550 used for the .44-40 about a year ago.  And I am pretty sure it was unfired.

I'd love to fnd one in .357 magnum for my brother.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.