SASS Wire Forum

Forty Rod - Lost pet?

Grew up in Utah and spent 40 years in southern California.  Lived in 10 states between those two places and had wildlife in every one (like bobcats and deer almost on the runways at LX, cougars killing and eating hikers and running around residential ares within 30 miles of LA, etc.),  but this part of Arizona is absolutely running over with critters:

15-17 different rattle snakes, eagles and hawks and owls and other birds, no end.

We also have pronghorn "antelopes", javelinas, bobcats, cougars, bears, skunks, porcupines, and four different kinds of deer (muleys, white tail, black tail "Texas" deer, and coues {sp?} deer ), and elk.  There are coyotes galore and a few reports of wolves, non-poisonous snakes, dozens of kinds of spiders, horned toads and many other lizards,  bees and wasps and hornets, butterflys bats, and the list goes on. 

I have had Boris and Bella, a pair of tarantulas living in my garage, Cousin ITT, another tarantula in my workshop, and a roadrunner who used to stand outside the gate in my driveway and has ten minuter conversations with my dog.

There are quail, partridge, pheasant and dove almost everywhere and not too far away are ducks.

Love our crittes.

I have a place for lot's of Wild Critters ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, On a Plate on the Table ....

P eople E ating T asty  A nimals ......... big fan of PETA...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived