SASS Wire Forum

Searching for a 97....Help!!!

Red Knee

Maybe, just maybe, someone here on the wire remembers this gun......it sold here on the wire about 7 or so years ago.

It was a 97 Winchester that had a color case hardened frame.....it had exhibition grade wood, stunningly beautiful wood.......action work done by a big name smith.......just a totally tricked out 97.

It was a collaboration of several individuals.  Beautiful piece of work..... 

Anyone with info about this gun and its whereabouts, please respond here or shoot me a p.m.

Thanks,

Red Knee

8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If you keep looking long enough, you might find one you know how to use..... :lol:

..........Widder

I guess you knew this was coming. Hoping to see ya this Oct

Imis

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If you keep looking long enough, you might find one you know how to use..... :lol:

..........Widder

I let ya win a couple of times and now I'm subjected to this kinda treatment.....oh jeeezzz!!!

20190424_073042.thumb.jpg.e94b1817558e02bff365fbfa5cb65221.jpg20190424_073100.thumb.jpg.0a2a2184df67078e1c3aaad3d84d71eb.jpg

Here is my color cased 97 receiver. I haven't finished putting it together yet.

Winchester never color cased hardened their 97's. It is a very difficult thing to do. the metal is very thin on the sides of the receiver so it requires a good amount of blocking to prevent any warping

9 minutes ago, Just Bill SASS# 16394 said:

20190424_073042.thumb.jpg.e94b1817558e02bff365fbfa5cb65221.jpg20190424_073100.thumb.jpg.0a2a2184df67078e1c3aaad3d84d71eb.jpg

Here is my color cased 97 receiver. I haven't finished putting it together yet.

Winchester never color cased hardened their 97's. It is a very difficult thing to do. the metal is very thin on the sides of the receiver so it requires a good amount of blocking to prevent any warping

Just Bill,

Nice.....get it put back together and shoot away!

6 hours ago, Red Knee said:

I let ya win a couple of times and now I'm subjected to this kinda treatment.....oh jeeezzz!!!

You can let me win again in October if you want..... :D

I'm retired from speed events, so you should do very well this year..... ;)

..........Widder

2 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Retired Say it aint so Joe?

Imis

Well, I doubt if I go sub 4 ..... ;)

IMIS:  its just a ploy to make Red Knee relax and feel over-confident.   So, don't tell him.

Just be sure that everyone at Wartrace welcomes him with a Snickers candy bar.   

..........Widder

Congrats to my friend RED KNEE.

He won speed SG side match at Land Run yesterday.

He bettered Matt Black, Missouri Traveler, Hells Comin, and a few other speedsters.

...........Widder

2 hours ago, Rube Burrows said:

I can't seem to get any of the photos in that link to work but I am sure its a beautiful shotgun. I love CCH guns.

I couldn't get the links to work either.....I'm tryin to find the owner of it......the contact info for Edisto Ike, the original owner, is no longer in service.....

Archived