SASS Wire Forum

1912 Logan Gregg Hardware Catalog

Cholla

Everything in this catalog is interesting but I found the gun section particularly interesting. The start around page 991. You can download the whole thing.

https://ia800701.us.archive.org/29/items/LoganGreggHardwareCatNo30/Logan-Gregg Hardware Cat No 30.pdf

Look at page 93. Measuring tapes.

Now, this has to be a wholesale place. Buy stuff to sell in your store  And here's a box of a dozen measuring tapes. $4. And the MSRP is marked on the box. 25¢.

I buy this box of twelve for $4, sell all of them in my store for 25¢ each. Gross sales $3. Net loss $1. They have two different brands of 25¢ tapes for $4 a dozen, and one of smaller, 10¢ tapes, for $1.60 a dozen.

That one's a better deal. You only lose 60¢ per case with them, instead of a dollar, like with the bigger ones. :o:D

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Now, this has to be a wholesale place. Buy stuff to sell in your store  And here's a box of a dozen measuring tapes. $4. And the MSRP is marked on the box. 25¢.

I buy this box of twelve for $4, sell all of them in my store for 25¢ each. Gross sales $3. Net loss $1. They have two different brands of 25¢ tapes for $4 a dozen, and one of smaller, 10¢ tapes, for $1.60 a dozen.

That one's a better deal. You only lose 60¢ per case with them, instead of a dollar, like with the bigger ones. :o:D

Alpo, they was selling those to people that flunked math.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

and one of smaller, 10¢ tapes, for $1.60 a dozen.

40¢ ?

7 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Alpo, they was selling those to people that flunked math.

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

Alpo's gone into the mercantile bizness? 

Wow...!  Marble's compasses (pg 990) cost $8 to $27 per dozen... and a Belgian Laminated Steel Shot Gun could be had for $11.25~!  :rolleyes:

On page 1022 you can purchase a Maxim Silencer for only $5.00. Can be installed by anyone on any .22 Also available direct from the factory for larger calibers.

The following pages have reloading tools and supplies.

Page 1075, the No. 0 Bench Closer (roll crimper). $7.20 per dozen = 60 cents each!!

I bought the exact same tool from a pard on the wire at least 20 years ago and I think I paid about $25-30. Damn, what a rip off!

Archived