SASS Wire Forum

Land Run

JohnWesleyHardin

Looking forward to Land Run.  Shooting with old friends and meeting new ones!

Also looking forward to my shotgun going of when I pull the trigger as opposed to last year!

Looks like we have 14 shooters from Iowa headed south in the next couple days.  Look forward to another great Land Run.  I think this makes my fifth Land Run.  Can't wait to add to my coffee cup collection!

Big shout out to Flat Top Okie and Missouri Mar for their top notch organization, coordination, and communication leading up to this wonderful match.  I have never felt more informed and excited to go to a match before. From keeping their website up to date to concise communications about the status of the match, just all top notch. 

The Mrs and I hit the road tommorow as a part of the IA crew and can't wait for a fun filled weekend. I was smart this time and pulled out cash for the Mrs and said, "Here's your budget for working ranch, but no more!"

See y'all soon!!!

John Wesley Hardin...just remember not to listen to some of those clowns you hang around with too much. They will just mess with your head again. 

18 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

John Wesley Hardin...just remember not to listen to some of those clowns you hang around with too much. They will just mess with your head again. 

Don't worry!  I"ll protect him!

Now look, y'all be careful on I40 and I 44 this afternoon.  Noz will be heading west and needs all the room he can find.

With friends like John Wesley Hardin has...he doesn’t need any enemies...

Got here this afternoon gents. They have had a lot of rain here locally so make sure you bring your bug spray or pick some up. Your going to need it for the evenings. 

Look forward to seeing y'all tommorow. 

I am camping outside Witchita tonight.  I will be there in the morning.  I am supposed to shoot in the 11 o clock warm up match, but not sure if I will be set up in time.

14 hours ago, Texita Draw SASS#77940 said:

Enjoyed being your neighbor Pard. 

Didnt hear your shotgun go off in the Man on Man. 

Yes, I am planning to create a "Go Fund Me" account to raise some money for shotgun shells.  Apparently JWH was running short for the main match!  I'm sure several cowboys would have loaned him some!

13 hours ago, Sergeant Duroc said:

Yes, I am planning to create a "Go Fund Me" account to raise some money for shotgun shells.  Apparently JWH was running short for the main match!  I'm sure several cowboys would have loaned him some!

I'm in for a dime...  or is JWH using his stealth shotgun?

15 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

I'm in for a dime...  or is JWH using his stealth shotgun?

Yep. Tryin to get by with just primers.:D

On 4/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, Sergeant Duroc said:

Should have stopped by Posse 19. There were some black powder shotgun loads you could hear AND feel. It was really cool.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:31 AM, Clay Thornton said:

Big shout out to Flat Top Okie and Missouri Mar for their top notch organization, coordination, and communication leading up to this wonderful match.  I have never felt more informed and excited to go to a match before. From keeping their website up to date to concise communications about the status of the match, just all top notch. 

The Mrs and I hit the road tommorow as a part of the IA crew and can't wait for a fun filled weekend. I was smart this time and pulled out cash for the Mrs and said, "Here's your budget for working ranch, but no more!"

See y'all soon!!!

Good luck with that. Remember Tom Hanks line in  "A League of Their Own?"

"There is no crying in baseball!"

Shortcake's adaptation is "There is no budget at Work N Ranch."

Yes we did!

And we had plenty of shooters offering all kinds of help. That was so nice. Texas Jack Daniels, Memphis Raines, Sgt Duroc, Lefty Lyn to name a few. There were many others I can't remember their names, but won't forget their kindness.

Truly the Cowboy Way is alive and well in Oklahoma.

"Gun a Do It" was a great help to us on the range. He represented your club very well.

We plan on coming back next year. Without the tow trucks.:D

You must have been listening to your "buddies" again. Some people just don't learn...

On 4/24/2019 at 8:09 PM, JohnWesleyHardin said:

I am camping outside Witchita tonight.  I will be there in the morning.  I am supposed to shoot in the 11 o clock warm up match, but not sure if I will be set up in time.

I'm curious...

Where did you find camping outside Wichita? 

Archived