SASS Wire Forum

Cell Phone

Noz

I have forced myself to purchase a smart phone much against my will except my old flip phone is in-compatiable with all of the new stuff.

Now, is there an app with the rule books?

Dern Noz, ya caved in.  I'm hanging on to my flip just a tad longer.  But then I got one of them there "tablets" for emergency.:D

47 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Dern Noz, ya caved in.  I'm hanging on to my flip just a tad longer.  But then I got one of them there "tablets" for emergency.:D

Is that one of them there nitroglycerine tablets? ;)

Kajun

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Is that one of them there nitroglycerine tablets? ;)

Kajun

Hey KK...got them for sure.  Noz probably has 'em also.

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Hay:lol:, Billy.  The 70"s called and they want there phone back. LOL:)

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Probably don't even have to download Adobe Acrobat just browse to here on your phone: https://sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php then touch the image of the handbook. The phone should open it.

Assuming you have connectivity at the range... Doing it the other way, you know you'll always have a saved copy on the phone that you can access.

7 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Had to Billy, peer pressure was just becoming to tough to handle.  Why our scores now come out on Facebook, whatever that is.

8 hours ago, Noz said:

Had to Billy, peer pressure was just becoming to tough to handle.  Why our scores now come out on Facebook, whatever that is.

Afraid that there FaceBook would bring trouble if I tried it.  I leave that to Sassy and she sure enjoys posting pictures.  If you get into it, look her up.  If you do, be sure and use your SASS name somewhere in title.  She is always asking me who someone is who are wanting to be friends on FaceBook.  You know how it is, so many folks we only know by their alias.

Three features I use on my dumb smart phone are.. 1) flashlight 2) magnifier (through camera zoom function)  3) clock.  

I don't call or answer the phone. I have maybe 10 people in my contract list. And they know not to call me. 

I have an outdated by 5 newer models Samsung phone that is almost never even turned on.  I have it in the car when going anywhere just in case of an emergency. I don't use it for email or internet except for the bank application to deposit checks instead of driving to the bank in person.  I have used the flashlight and the camera feature a few times.

6 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Three features I use on my dumb smart phone are.. 1) flashlight 2) magnifier (through camera zoom function)  3) clock.  

I don't call or answer the phone. I have maybe 10 people in my contract list. And they know not to call me. 

Sure would be cheaper to buy a flashlight, magnifying glass and a watch.

Even though I can use my phone hands-free while driving, 1. the phone has to be on which it isn't normally and 2. if I have to call someone while driving I always find a parking lot and pull over to make the call because even using the hands-free could be enough of a disruption in concentration while driving to cause an accident.  

Where I live there is a law that prohibits cell phone usage while in school zones unless hands-free, but I still see people using their phones.  Even worse is seeing people driving holding their cell phone and dialing, texting, or even talking. 

12 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Even though I can use my phone hands-free while driving, 1. the phone has to be on which it isn't normally and 2. if I have to call someone while driving I always find a parking lot and pull over to make the call because even using the hands-free could be enough of a disruption in concentration while driving to cause an accident.  

Where I live there is a law that prohibits cell phone usage while in school zones unless hands-free, but I still see people using their phones.  Even worse is seeing people driving holding their cell phone and dialing, texting, or even talking. 

I've seen people come out of a quick shop with food and drink and get in their car and pull away and THEN get their cell phone out and start talking. 

Mary worked with a lady that was wound up too tight!   She told of starting out to come to the office,  talking on her cell phone while putting on her makeup looking at herself in the rear view mirror.  She looked down and saw she was going 110 mph on the outer road! She slowed down to 90.:blink:

If your new phone is an Android, you can download the rulebook from the SASS website and copy a direct access icon to your homepage.  Just access the rule book and press the menu icon at top right of screen.  Press "Add to Homescreen" and follow it through.  Then the rules will come to the screen any time the access icon is tapped. 

I found a couple of shot timer aps for Android.   They worked.  One you could set to get a start beep at a random time from pushing the start button.  That was a couple of phones back.  I didn't bother loading on new phones.

I got to admit to one tangible use of the smart phone with Google Maps. 

When the fuel tank is getting low, I start shopping for a station with best price.  I go to Google Maps and key in "gas prices city, state" and the map will pick up that city and post prices of most of the stations.  Most stations in one area will have nearly the same price.  But 20 miles down the road the prices may be 20 cents higher or lower. 

Howdy,

Back at work I was on the bleeding edge of technology  for many years.

I used the web via IBM card batch jobs.

Now top that.

So I just kept waiting for my little flip fone to die.

And it just kept runnin an runnin an runnin.

One day one of my friends had to get the next wiz bang ifone.

And he offered me his ole one fer a hunnert dollars.

And said he would coach me and life would be wunnerful.

After about six months I was ready to use da ifone fer shotgun practice.

Another friend said to git an android an life would be wunnerful.

So I went over to Target and got one fer about a hunnert dollars.

And I gradually got the hang of it.

And Im still learning but this out of date Samsung is right useful.

Did you know you can text by talking to the fone?

Just one thing, you GOTTA proof read cause it will make the most auffullist

substitutions you could ever imagine.

Now I can take a picture of something and message it across country just like 

I know what Im doing.

And I have no clue why anyone would spend two grand on a new fone.

Here is the thing.....Target will let you return the fone within a month.

And Consumer Cellular will let you have the first month free.

One other thing....When you shut down the fone it will automatical upgrade

the system.  Sometimes that can be little and sometimes its a LOT.

Maybe some day I will try the ifone again,  maybe.

And maybe don't get a new fone when your social calendar is crammed full.

gees did I get chatty.

Best

CR

On 4/23/2019 at 7:23 AM, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

I have an outdated by 5 newer models Samsung phone...

HA! I'm using a Galaxy 3 - hope it holds out til the Note 10 comes out in August.

You guys crack me up! You all put down the "smart phones" on your computers!!:lol:

Archived