SASS Wire Forum

Locking of a forum topic?

Dusty Devil Dale

General Rules of Conduct: The guidelines and rules contained here explain what behavior is expected of all users. The guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior they may deem inappropriate. User access to all SASS forums is a privilege- not a right, and is not connected to a benefit of membership in SASS. SASS reserves the right to suspend access to any user at any time for reasons that include, but are not limited to, a user’s failure to adhere to the provided guidelines. 
Abuse on the Forums will not be tolerated. 

•    Offensive language, personal insults, including all racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs, as well as personal attacks, including name-calling and insults directed at other members is prohibited. No flaming, harassing, or attacking of any kind is ever allowed. “Flaming” is considered attacking another user or users in a vulgar, harsh or with the use of personal attacks. Personal attacks are not tolerated.  (Ie: “You are stupid, stop being a &^^$%^”)

•    Personal attacks on members, cyber bullying, libel comments or bashing/slandering of businesses, organizations, individuals or corporations will not be tolerated. Threads deemed to be an attempt to “stir the fire” or are looking for support on their attack will be removed without warning. If you have an issue with a particular organization, business, or corporation, please contact them directly. If you have an issue with a member, please contact a moderator or administrator. 

•    Any attacks against the forum moderators, or any employee of The Single Action Shooting Society® will not be allowed. If you disagree with an action taken by a moderator, please contact the Wire Forum Administrator. 

Content Guidelines

•    Controversial, religious, or political threads that are deemed inappropriate or needlessly provocative will be removed without warning. 

•    Images cannot contain sexual or violent content and must not violate any copyright laws. Any image deemed inappropriate will be deleted, including avatars and profile pictures. 
•    When posting articles or news stories, only the URL to the article, the title of the article, and the source should be posted. Due to copyright laws, you are not allowed to copy and paste the content of the story into our forums, unless appropriately cited.

•    The SASS Wire is for Non-Commercial postings only. Commercial posts, pile on infomercials, or links from merchants or dealers are not allowed and will be deleted without notice. Commercial promotion is available through SASS’ Affiliated Merchant Program and through SASS advertising opportunities. Please contact SASS Headquarters for more information on these programs. 

•    Inappropriate or offensive content and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. To assist in defining inappropriate content, ask yourself the following questions when making a post:

- Is this message SASS-related? (with the exception of the Saloon forum)

- Is this message something most members would like to read?

- Does this message add value to the forum?

- Is this something I would say to a person face-to-face?

*If you cannot answer yes to all of these questions, please reconsider posting your message. 

Usually they've gotten out of control with 2 or more people bickering about something that doesn't apply to the original topic OR at the original posters 'request.

3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

If one of yours has been locked you can message one of the mods and probably find out why.

Thanks.  My topic on transfer bar removal liability was locked, and some of the replies removed.  I have to say I never saw any rule violations in any of the responses, and the info exchange was IMHO worthwhile.  

-----Whatever.  

I guess different people view things in different ways.  

5 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Thanks.  My topic on transfer bar removal liability was locked, and some of the replies removed.  I have to say I never saw any rule violations in any of the responses, and the info exchange was IMHO worthwhile.  

-----Whatever.  

You may have missed some. There are two that disagree with each other that get kind of heated at times. The topic seemed to have run its course so it was locked.

1 hour ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

-----Whatever.  

DDD..

The reason you never saw any rules violations might be because 

the moderator might have already removed them..:mellow:

l was reading that post/topic and read it.. Read all the arguments.. :huh:

I feel it also ended in cowpokes arguing their points and NOT wanting

to see anyone else's..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I was kinda glad it got locked

before anyone got kicked off :)

32 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

You may have missed some. There are two that disagree with each other that get kind of heated at times. The topic seemed to have run its course so it was locked.

The thread was done;)

Related image

7 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Usually they've gotten out of control with 2 or more people bickering about something that doesn't apply to the original topic OR at the original posters 'request.

This seems to no longer be the case, as a thread I started on the TG Forum and asked to be locked was locked; then, unlocked.

7 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

-----Whatever.  

As, I read it, the locking had nothing to do with you. See Tyrel's post, following.

49 minutes ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

well when you tell someone off on a private line then try to BS your way by " I didn't mean no offense to no one" and get called out on it publicly yeah the thread was done. 
Smokestack did the right thing and Capt numb skull should be avoided at all cost. 

IMO, this is an example of a post that should be removed (hidden) as a personal attack against Capt.

42 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Name calling is what got the other thread locked. Capt. is just fine in my opinion. I do not agree with removal of a hammer block safety but that does not make him an idiot or a numb skull.

Agree 100%.

Thanks everyone.  My question is answered at this point.  I am just new to this and was wondering if I misbehaved.  With Devil for a middle name, that possibility had to be given fair consideration.  

The logic that posting a screenshot of the words someone typed out all on their own and sent to you, as somehow being a personal attack is not something I can get my head around. 

There was a disagreement on that thread about how a Ruger works. We were unable to come together on that subject and that’s Ok. One party took the others posts as somehow personally insulting I guess and escalated the situation and tried to turn it ugly. That’s unfortunate, but we all have bad days and we have all said things that we didn’t truly mean. This may or may not be the case here, but I personally don’t harbor any bad feelings towards him as I am sure he is a good guy. The typed word is often not the best means of communicating, particularly when emotions get involved. IMO, the mods did the right thing by locking that thread. 

Question answered. No further discussion needed..

This is an example of how threads get locked... 

Question answered, Original Poster happy with answers, and a lot of off topics posts, and unnecessary comments. 

Archived