SASS Wire Forum

How many CCL holders in TX.

Actually Texas now calls this LTC (License to Carry)  

we can carry openly but not sure why anyone would want to do so--this is my 2¢, I'm sure others have valid reasons--like wanting to be the first one shot during a robbery, having store employees asking you to leave, having your friends NOT invite you over (this actually may be a very good reason to do so) :P

5 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

we can carry openly but not sure why anyone would want to do so--this is my 2¢, I'm sure others have valid reasons--like wanting to be the first one shot during a robbery, having store employees asking you to leave, having your friends NOT invite you over (this actually may be a very good reason to do so) :P

I agree. I see no reason to openly carry.

Well, it's better than not carrying at all, which is the choice where I live.

5 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

3 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

I agree. I see no reason to openly carry.

Me either. I live in a small town, work in two others and it's very rare. I saw one of my customers once open carrying a Glock and asked him about it. "No my shirt just blew open and I didn't notice." Mine stays concealed.

JHC

Better to have it concealed and have some lowlife start something where you have to pull it (because he doesn't know you're carrying), than to wear it openly and DETER some lowlife who who will probably leave you alone.

When I first got mine about ten years back, the Instructor said something that has always stuck in the back of my mind, "Concealed means concealed."

15 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Pretty cool -

Michigan has about 652k CPL holders currently. With only 10 million folks that's a good per capita.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I think Lott has the most recent numbers.

Alabama has the highest percentage of eligible adults holding a permit at 22.11%.

Considering the average cost is $20 a year (county sheriffs can set the price and requirements),  you can get it for up to 5 years at a time and most counties have it set up so you can apply online, I don't see a reason to not get one if you are a resident of Alabama.

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I think Lott has the most recent numbers.

Alabama has the highest percentage of eligible adults holding a permit at 22.11%.

Considering the average cost is $20 a year (county sheriffs can set the price and requirements),  you can get it for up to 5 years at a time and most counties have it set up so you can apply online, I don't see a reason to not get one if you are a resident of Alabama.

Excellent.

The stat for Michigan CPL holders can be found here:

GG

Archived