SASS Wire Forum

Shooting with Border Vigilantes in Cheyenne

Russ The Red

The Border Vigilantes (http://bordervigilantes.com/) run a great monthly match on the third Saturday of each month (unless there is a blizzard). Some would say its a Hell on Wheels of a good time. I was there this weekend and the stages were fun, the weather fantastic, and the shooters friendly and helpful. It's a fair drive from Denver where I live but well worth the ride. Right across the street from the Otto Road range is Chey-Cast Bullets, so you can shoot and purchase your next pack of reloads quicker than you can say Jack Robinson.  Assassin and the crew are perfect hosts and run a safe SASS rules match.

Thanks for the kind words Russ. We have no control over the weather. We do have control of good, fun stages. I got lucky yesterday and wrote 6 stages that were all smooth and straight forward. The Border Vigilantes consists of many seasoned SASS veterans and that makes things much easier when hosting a match, everyone is on the same page. The stages you shot will be very similar the Hell On Wheels stages, with a few twists. FYI, we are over half full now and anyone that wants to shoot Hell On Wheels needs to sign up soon. 

Archived