SASS Wire Forum

Tree

Subdeacon Joe

If that tree were in my yard I would be rigging up a motion detector and sound system. Every time someone walked by they would hear a low creaky growl emanating from the tree.:D

Looks like my 4th grade teacher.:blink:

11 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Need  sod?

LL

This is California.  I used to have beautiful lawns, front and back.  I now have dirt, pending the importation of rocks, gravel, cactus and the like for a "xeriscape" yard.  

It sucks.

Not only can we not build more dams for storage, water from our local lake (Millerton, built for irrigation and urban use) is discharged downstream to eventually pass through the Delta, out to the Pacific.  Arguments for this range from the questionable to the absurd, including - and I kid you not - "The water off the coast is getting too salty for Orcas!"  I think I sprayed coffee all over the inside of my windshield when I heard that one on the radio.  *#-o d'oh!

Ain't my house, but only about 25 yards away.  Not that there is a lot of di But, thank you.  
Hmm...I don't seem to have any photos or videos of the place!  What a second while I take one and upload it.
Wind chimes, bird feeders, and, on the right, with stretch wrap around the cages to keep deer out, our tomato plants and a few herbs.

No disrespect of anyone intended.  I thought I was being humorous, but posted without thinking.  Mea culpa.  I feel very badly for the folks suffering through droughts and water restrictions.  We are fortunate at our primary house to be on wells that are very deep and very full; no water issue...yet.  The summer cottage is a different situation.  All of Cape Cod is on the same aquifer; spill some gasoline on the ground on the north side and it can end up in my drinking water 100 miles away on the south coast.  Very delicate system that teeters on the edge of failure; we do have some voluntary rationing and limitations on non-essential uses. We may need to abandon the lawn and end up with sand dunes and beach grasses.

LL

22 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I thought I was being humorous, but posted without thinking.  Mea culpa.

I got that you were kidding on the square.  It DOES need sod.  But in the past few years they have torn up most of the grass. There is some around the clubhouse and by the pool.  There are a few largeish open areas that have grass, but all of the smaller areas have been stripped.  

We are on a private well here, with a hook up to the city water for emergencies.  If power goes out the whole trailer park is without water, hence the hookup to the city.  

Sounds to me like California could use a modern version of TVA!!  I’m not advocating a run over everything blitz of natural habitats and such, but a scientific plan of water management would likely alleviate much of the wildfire and mudslide problem that California has sadly become famous for.

It might not only help prevent disasters, but would likely boost employment numbers and the economy of the crappy, dilapidated infrastructure of the area, as described by several individuals who’ve fled California!! They blame the situation on the “misguided tree huggers” that dominate state politics.

It might also reduce the state’s reliance on water imported from other states!!

OH! YEAH!!!  Great tree!!:lol:

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm thinking of adding some glow sticks tonight.

Face.jpg

Man he's ugly. Must be my sisters family. <_<

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:51 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

This is California.  Almost all the grass in the complex has been removed for water conservation.

:( We have well water. They have no control. My tiny yard keeps the kitties happy and I don't mind mowing it.

side yard snow11252015.JPG

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

:( We have well water. They have no control. My tiny yard keeps the kitties happy and I don't mind mowing it.

side yard snow11252015.JPG

I live in a mobile home park, so the park owner has say over the common areas.  

Nice looking place

Archived