SASS Wire Forum

Zoe The Cat - Update

Calamity Kris

Here's the set up.

We had just finished playing chase with her favorite feathered wand.  She lay down on the floor in front of me and I heard some faint purring.  I reached down, (I'm sitting on the edge of the tub) and allowed her to sniff my fingers.  She shied away as though she was afraid I would hit her but she didn't get up and run.  I slowly and gently touched the top of her head, then began to scratch.  As you can see, she was quite pleased with that.  (I can't seem to be able to upload the movie so you get a picture instead.)

getPart.thumb.jpg.df31a6fa343d44955acdf83abbfa7390.jpg

I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing well. :wub:

Our two young cats are litter mates who have lived with us since day one and were never hit. One ducks when you pet her head the other doesn't. The one that ducks laid on an afghan a lot and when I would pet her, I'd hear the static electricity snap. We think that is the reason for the ducking.

8 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'd hear the static electricity snap. We think that is the reason for the ducking.

Yeah.  Boo's kind of staticky - she comes around in the morning for a pat and a cuddle, but she never stays long.

All three of my cats are rescue cats.  Only two are ever seen by visitors though.  One lived under the bed or under the covers for 6 months after the move to this new house.  One loves to be roughly petted on his tummy (which is really unusual), but don't try to pick him up or he freaks out - he has to have all four feet touching the ground, and if he's lying on the floor getting rubbed, don't dare move your feet or he runs. Only one comes to greet any and every visitor and loves to sit in the hallway and sing to himself.

Back in the mid 1970s, Laz and I had two feral momma cats having kittens in the back yard.  We'd catch the kittens, forcibly hold them down and pet them until they learned to love being petted.  We paid to have almost twenty kittens fixed before finding them homes and finally catching both of the mommas and getting them fixed.  I was known as "The Cat Lady" at the vet's office.  It takes time.

Archived