SASS Wire Forum

Got Babies

Smoken D

Around a year ago this pair of Eagles had a nest where 3 babies were hatched. A high wind storm hit the area breaking the limb the nest was on and it came crashing down. Upon impact 2 of the babies were killed with one surviving. That one was taken to Dickenson Zoo, recovered, and released back in the area.

This pair of Eagles made another nest maybe 75 feet from where the old nest once was. I posted photos of that nest that crashed around a year ago. Today as I took my hike with the dog I looked up and we now have 2 new Eagles that I could see. Mom and Dad were up that tree which once held the old nest proudly watching over their kids. 

Eagle 2019.jpg

Eagle Baby.jpg

If you get up to Sitka, visit the Raptor Center for some awesome up close encounters with Bald Eagles.

Last two pics were taken at the Raptor Center, where injured birds are recovering  prior to being released.

July 2013 Alaskan Cruise 096.JPG

July 2013 Alaskan Cruise 104.JPG

July 2013 Alaskan Cruise 105.JPG

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

If you get up to Sitka, visit the Raptor Center for some awesome up close encounters with Bald Eagles.

Last two pics were taken at the Raptor Center, where injured birds are recovering  prior to being released.

Would take to long to find my photos, but we have what is called, "Eagle Days" here where I live and at the overlook by the dam they bring up from Dickenson Zoo one Eagle that you can walk right up to. They also have tours around the lake that day for Eagle watching. When I sit out in my sun room you will see Eagles flying by all the time. I am on a bluff where they fly by. It's cool.

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

What a magnificent animal!

8 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Around a year ago this pair of Eagles had a nest where 3 babies were hatched. A high wind storm hit the area breaking the limb the nest was on and it came crashing down. Upon impact 2 of the babies were killed with one surviving. That one was taken to Dickenson Zoo, recovered, and released back in the area.

This pair of Eagles made another nest maybe 75 feet from where the old nest once was. I posted photos of that nest that crashed around a year ago. Today as I took my hike with the dog I looked up and we now have 2 new Eagles that I could see. Mom and Dad were up that tree which once held the old nest proudly watching over their kids. 

Eagle 2019.jpg

Eagle Baby.jpg

Another proud papa here.

At the back of our property we have a mated pair that have had chicks for the last three years, usually one but this year two.

My wife takes pics on her evening walk and if I can figure out how to get them from her camera to here will post them.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived