SASS Wire Forum

New shooter and looking to get started with equipment

Eileen

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Welcome to the best game there is. Get yourself to a match before buying anything else.

Thank you.. I have competed in a few matches and have been sharing with a friend and I need to start getting my own here and there. You can say I am addicted and I love it! 

Go to several shoots before you get anything else. I wish I had done this. You have a better start than I did with the 73. But go to several shoots before you get more. People will have you try their equipment. Try different handguns and shotguns first. You will find that you will like one over another. Different grip frames and different barrel lengths. It is definitely not a one size fits all when it comes to equipment for this game. 

7 minutes ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Go to several shoots before you get anything else. I wish I had done this. You have a better start than I did with the 73. But go to several shoots before you get more. People will have you try their equipment. Try different handguns and shotguns first. You will find that you will like one over another. Different grip frames and different barrel lengths. It is definitely not a one size fits all when it comes to equipment for this game. 

People have been amazing.. I have tried a few rifles and pistols.. I bought my first pair of pistals already and love them.. and I am liking for a 73.. I am liking the feel but wanting a shorter barrel then I am currently shoot.. I also tried the marlin  and it wasnt a bad feel either but think I am set on the 73.

Eileen

What shotgun are  you looking for 97 or maybe a Stoeger side by side? I have a beautiful Stoeger SS double with all the work already done. If interested PM me. Also have a Uberti 73 with 20", but it will cost you more than Barleycorn"s Miroku, Miroku makes a nice product, mine short stroked, SS tube and tube spring, large front sight, lite lifter, back-up rifle, never used.

Abilene Al

22 hours ago, Abilene Al, SASS #72248 said:

Eileen

What shotgun are  you looking for 97 or maybe a Stoeger side by side? I have a beautiful Stoeger SS double with all the work already done. If interested PM me. Also have a Uberti 73 with 20", but it will cost you more than Barleycorn"s Miroku, Miroku makes a nice product, mine short stroked, SS tube and tube spring, large front sight, lite lifter, back-up rifle, never used.

Abilene Al

I believe I am shooting a side by side stoeger right now on the shotgun and what's your asking rice for the 73? 

12 hours ago, Eileen said:

I believe I am shooting a side by side stoeger right now on the shotgun and what's your asking rice for the 73? My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not a good idea to post your Email on any public forum. Even more so on a gun based forum ;)

OLG

• 1 month later...

We are not a period correct shooting sport.  Clothes that just look Victorian or Old West will do unless you want to win a costume contest.  The most dazzling women's costumes I see are B-Western where ladies dress like they are the female lead in a mid-20th century Western singing group.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, Old Man Graybeard said:

Go to several shoots before you get anything else. I wish I had done this.

Sure glad I didn't - I wouldn't have near the collection I have today! :lol:

Welcome to the best game and folks going Eileen.

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

I have slowed my business until we get through a move to be closer to family. All my guns are personal guns since I have given up my FFL license.

I have a couple JM Marlin 38/357's. One carbine and one 24" cowboy limited.

I have one Baikal double trigger 12ga and several SKB's and one Browning.

Several hammered doubles.

If interested contact me at johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Johnny Meadows

1 hour ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I have slowed my business until we get through a move to be closer to family. All my guns are personal guns since I have given up my FFL license.

I have a couple JM Marlin 38/357's. One carbine and one 24" cowboy limited.

I have one Baikal double trigger 12ga and several SKB's and one Browning.

Several hammered doubles.

If interested contact me at johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Johnny Meadows

JM-May I ask where you are move'n to?

OLG

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

JM-May I ask where you are move'n to?

OLG

South of Tucson to Sahuarita where my two Son's live and my five grandkids, also closer to where I grew up.

J.M.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

South of Tucson to Sahuarita where my two Son's live and my five grandkids, also closer to where I grew up.

J.M.

Understand your reason very well.

Only reason I still live in PRK, the kids are all within 25 miles.

OLG

Archived