SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967

Cultural Differences ~ Vampires

SDJ's Vinegar Taster's thread brought back a memory...

Over thirty years ago some of my Chinese friends decided I needed to experience some "cultural diversity."  To this end, they brought me a number of VHS movies, including several with vampire themes.

"They don't turn into bats and fly, Rocko! [my OTHER alias] They HOP!"  

Indeed they do!  :lol:

Some of the films were actually quite good.  This sample is one of the more campy ones, but will give a hint.  (Compared to the better ones, this is like the TV Batman vs some of the modern movies.)  

13 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Crossed with rabbits????????????:rolleyes::lol::blush:

Or maybe kangaroos??  :rolleyes: <_<

In some of the movies they do these outrageously graceful 40-foot leaps, usually in slow motion.  

And they seem more into stabbing with long, sharp nails than biting necks...  :rolleyes:

On 4/19/2019 at 4:11 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And they seem more into stabbing with long, sharp nails than biting necks... 

Yeah, I'm familiar with this method.  Wish I could remember from what source.  I've been hooked on vampire tales since about the age of eight -- Bram Stoker's classic was my first Victorian novel.

7 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Found it!

Unfortunately, not subtitled. :(

Ryder, I honestly don't think subtitles would make much of a difference...  :lol:

7 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I doubt that I will be able to sleep tonight, Hardpan. Thanks a lot. :lol:

Badger... would you be awake 'cuz it's scary or 'cuz you'd keep snickering and giggling yourself awake...?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

Yeah, I'm familiar with this method.  Wish I could remember from what source.  I've been hooked on vampire tales since about the age of eight -- Bram Stoker's classic was my first Victorian novel.

Miz Pete... all in all they can grab ya!

My worst was the werewolf stories.  I remember many, many years ago, ol' Hank and I up late one night out at his ranch, watching werewolf movies and unsuccessfully tryin' to figure out how to melt down his Ma's silverware into bullets...  ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.