SASS Wire Forum

Is it me or the author?

Alpo

I read this and it was just -- Huh??

She is the county coroner and owns the funeral home.

She buys a case of penicillin.

I can't figger why a coroner or a mortician would need penicillin.

Thoughts?

There are knives and needles involved in the coroner, mortician thing. I would think self applied penicillin might also be a good thing, mebbe not.

Imis

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

I read this and it was just -- Huh??

She is the county coroner and owns the funeral home.

She buys a case of penicillin.

I can't figger why a coroner or a mortician would need penicillin.

Thoughts?

It furthers the plot.

Yep!!   It’s you!

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

What's the book or story?

The book is called Dirty Little Secrets, which you can download for free from google play. It's only the first chapter, so I don't know if it will further the plot. More and more people have apparently never heard of Chekov's Gun.

The veterinarian in  the strip mall across the street from the funeral home "sells unlicensed drugs to people that don't have enough medical insurance".

When I read that, I thought it was a euphemism for pusher. but then she goes on to say that she had bought a case of penicillin and a year's supply of birth control pills from him.

So here we are back to why the penicillin.

Present day.

And she bought it from the vet. Seems as if farmers needed it they wouldn't need her for a middle man, but would just go to him

Apparently it can be used in embalming fluid.  I have no idea how common it is, but do a search for penicillin and embalming and you'll get some hits about antibiotic embalming processes.  I don't care to read any further to find out why the dead need antibiotics.   

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Apparently it can be used in embalming fluid.  I have no idea how common it is, but do a search for penicillin and embalming and you'll get some hits about antibiotic embalming processes.  I don't care to read any further to find out why the dead need antibiotics.   

▲the reason is you want all the dead folks to be healthy

Archived