SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Wrangler Revolver - .22LR

Chief Rick

18 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i might have missed it but , are these full size models or are they downsized like the colt frontier scout ? 

I believe the same size as the Single Six - but 8 oz lighter.  :)

On 4/20/2019 at 2:00 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Appears one has to preorder in a Turner’s store.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Melting point law.

May have the same problem in Minnesota. State doesn't allow the sale of the Heritage .22’s because of melting point too.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

22 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Appears one has to preorder in a Turner’s store.

Yup... that's what I said... but for the price of $179.98, I won't mind pre-ordering.  ^_^

Unfortunately, Turner's seems to be only a California chain.  And the only reason they can do this is because single-action revolvers are exempt from the state's egregious handgun law ~ thanks to the efforts of the SASS leadership back when they were headquartered in this state.  :)

I picked mine up today.  $175.99 plus tax.  

Free spin Cylinder.  I pulled out the stock main spring and put in a 19 pounder from a Wolff's single six spring pack.  Headed to the south forty now to test it out with various makes of .22LR.  While I had the grips off, I pulled out the trigger spring, seems the same as the single six as well.  With the poor man's trigger job (one leg of the trigger spring left off), it's got a really nice trigger.  The stock spring is a little heavy.  My guess is about 4-5 pounds of trigger pull (I don't have a gauge).

Fit and finish are nice!  I got the bronze ones.

UPDATE:  19 lb single six mainspring worked great.  All brands of ammo I had worked well. 

Totes

193F1173-039A-442C-891B-229FA5FC2238.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

I picked mine up today.  $175.99 plus tax.  

Free spin Cylinder.  I pulled out the stock main spring and put in a 19 pounder from a Wolff's single six spring pack.  Headed to the south forty now to test it out with various makes of .22LR.  While I had the grips off, I pulled out the trigger spring, seems the same as the single six as well.  With the poor man's trigger job (one leg of the trigger spring left off), it's got a really nice trigger.  The stock spring is a little heavy.  My guess is about 4-5 pounds of trigger pull (I don't have a gauge).

Fit and finish are nice!  I got the bronze ones.

UPDATE:  19 lb single six mainspring worked great.  All brands of ammo I had worked well. 

Totes

193F1173-039A-442C-891B-229FA5FC2238.jpeg

Is the cylinder steel or aluminum?

1 minute ago, Totes Magoats said:

Steel.  That is a magnet on the cylinder.

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

Excellent, thanks!

Wonder if there's  enough meat in there to chamber these 32-20 and sleeve/change the barrels.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:10 PM, Totes Magoats said:

Steel.  That is a magnet on the cylinder.

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

Good news, that could make it legal to sell in MN.. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Dusty Sights, SASS # 2782 said:

Those cut outs on the left and right side of the hammer.   Is there a purpose for them?

From the reviews I've read, it is a pretty nice little gun.  :)

Goes towards overall weight reduction-faster lock time.

OLG

if i can get one i will , i kinda like the look of some ive seen , steel cylinder will not be enough here tho , did you put the magnet on other bits ? 

20 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Goes towards overall weight reduction-faster lock time.

OLG

The cut-outs kinda confused me for a bit, but this makes sense.  Good to know!

Thanks for the info! :)

I got to play with one yesterday that belongs to my gunsmith, Curly Bill Kelly.  It was nice!  After I shot it, Bill admitted that he had replaced the springs and tuned it a little.  He stated it was pretty nice right out of the box. 

I won a brace of these at the TN Friends of the NRA gun-o-rama.  Put 18lb hammer springs in and rosewood grips from my old model vaqueros. They fit well and the springs work flawlessly. They feel like my vaqueros, now I can afford to practice some! Once I get the hang of practicing I may even start cleaning my guns. 

We picked up the bronze a few weeks ago.  I wanted one, but kinda used this as an excuse as something smaller for my 12 year old.  I was surpised how heavy it was when I first picked it up.  But for $179 shipped to my LGS, what a great little gun for the money.  Will have to look into some lighter springs....

Archived