SASS Wire Forum

Some People - Really???

Calamity Kris

I'm sharing this with you because there is some humor in this story somewhere......

The highway exit I take heading home after work is ALWAYS backed up.  Sometimes for more than a mile or two.  There are very few alternative routes home, most of which are either considerably out of my way or just as congested.  Coming home from work yesterday was no exception.  I very patiently took my place in the exit queue and crawled along waiting to get off the highway. 

Now, cutting into line seems to be a real sport around here.  I see it every day while waiting in line.  There have been many accidents because of folks not wanting to wait their turn and miscalculating the distance between them and the cars they are trying to wedge between and not slowing down in nearly enough time.  Some pretty serious injuries have occurred also.  An ambulance is called to accidents at this exit at least once a week. 

There I was patiently waiting to exit, when a person of the male persuasion attempted to wedge his way between myself and the car in front of me, a fairly new Lexis.  There was less than a half a car length, yet he still tried to shove his OLD GMC crew cab dually, with spikes for lug nuts in that space.  Now I was as far off the road as I could safely be, to give traffic on the highway plenty of room to move along.  He could have moved ahead and found more room but I guess he liked us........ a lot.....  He decided to stick that rusty front bumper between our cars, leaving the back end of his truck sticking out into the highway.  At this point, he was blocking traffic in the #2 lane and they were getting rather irate with him so there was lots of honking and gesturing going on.  Well, this guy did the only thing he could think of.  He laid on the horn and glared at me.  Not any horn mind you, simulated rail road air horns.  I thought my windows were going to shatter.  At that point, I got a mental picture of what his male anatomy must look like.

getPart-1.thumb.jpg.aa5b45211a047c3a5964000d2b4deb27.jpg

Since I really like my car in it's current condition, I thought better of displaying that gesture to him.  I was not going anywhere and he could be as angry as he wanted about it.  Besides, what did this clown expect me to do, put the car in reverse and back into the truck behind me?  After his second horn blast, the guy in the truck behind me began gesturing at him also.  I knew things were about to get ugly.  At that moment, the traffic ahead of me began to move.  I stayed put so he could wedge his monstrosity ahead of me.  We all exited the highway without further incident.

{sigh} People.........

19 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I'm sharing this with you because there is some humor in this story somewhere......

The highway exit I take heading home after work is ALWAYS backed up.  Sometimes for more than a mile or two.  There are very few alternative routes home, most of which are either considerably out of my way or just as congested.  Coming home from work yesterday was no exception.  I very patiently took my place in the exit queue and crawled along waiting to get off the highway. 

Now, cutting into line seems to be a real sport around here.  I see it every day while waiting in line.  There have been many accidents because of folks not wanting to wait their turn and miscalculating the distance between them and the cars they are trying to wedge between and not slowing down in nearly enough time.  Some pretty serious injuries have occurred also.  An ambulance is called to accidents at this exit at least once a week. 

There I was patiently waiting to exit, when a person of the male persuasion attempted to wedge his way between myself and the car in front of me, a fairly new Lexis.  There was less than a half a car length, yet he still tried to shove his OLD GMC crew cab dually, with spikes for lug nuts in that space.  Now I was as far off the road as I could safely be, to give traffic on the highway plenty of room to move along.  He could have moved ahead and found more room but I guess he liked us........ a lot.....  He decided to stick that rusty front bumper between our cars, leaving the back end of his truck sticking out into the highway.  At this point, he was blocking traffic in the #2 lane and they were getting rather irate with him so there was lots of honking and gesturing going on.  Well, this guy did the only thing he could think of.  He laid on the horn and glared at me.  Not any horn mind you, simulated rail road air horns.  I thought my windows were going to shatter.  At that point, I got a mental picture of what his male anatomy must look like.

getPart-1.thumb.jpg.aa5b45211a047c3a5964000d2b4deb27.jpg

Since I really like my car in it's current condition, I thought better of displaying that gesture to him.  I was not going anywhere and he could be as angry as he wanted about it.  Besides, what did this clown expect me to do, put the car in reverse and back into the truck behind me?  After his second horn blast, the guy in the truck behind me began gesturing at him also.  I knew things were about to get ugly.  At that moment, the traffic ahead of me began to move.  I stayed put so he could wedge his monstrosity ahead of me.  We all exited the highway without further incident.

{sigh} People.........

Should have taken a picture of his plate and reported him for his illegal horn and being a general A__wipe. 

Buttheads are everywhere. 

What I find that dissuades this kind of dumbassery is I stay to the left in the lane that I am in. I stay close to the car in front of me. I have found that staying to the right invites morons and bullies.

My way home is also a PITB! It is a curvy, narrow two-lane road with no shoulders that is loved by weekend bicyclists from the Valley. The speed limit is posted 55; however, it is tough to drive "that fast" everywhere on my 9 miles. The bicyclists never pull over in driveways or side roads. They just toodle along at 25 MPH. They are having an event Saturday. That is like being snowed in or taking an hour to go 9 miles.

The bicyclists aren't the only problem. I've been run off the road by traffic coming the other way. The last time, I got a flat and bunged up my rim.

9 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

A little passive aggressive there Pat but it works great.

Never thought of it as “passive aggressive” but, it could be. I will say that anyone trying to bully me in traffic doesn’t receive passive aggressive treatment once they initiate their move. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

My way home is also a PITB! It is a curvy, narrow two-lane road with no shoulders that is loved by weekend bicyclists from the Valley. The speed limit is posted 55; however, it is tough to drive "that fast" everywhere on my 9 miles. The bicyclists never pull over in driveways or side roads. They just toodle along at 25 MPH. They are having an event Saturday. That is like being snowed in or taking an hour to go 9 miles.

The bicyclists aren't the only problem. I've been run off the road by traffic coming the other way. The last time, I got a flat and bunged up my rim.

Bicyclists! Don’t get me started on those...people. I am all for sharing the road but some bicyclists are just plain self-entitled, self-absorbed $&@#birds.

Blowing your horn does no good.

Revving your engine does no good. 

Being polite and hoping they move does no good.

Yelling at them does no good.

Rolling down your windows, turning on very loud obnoxious music, RAP or Death Metal, does do good...especially Death Metal.

Their casual quiet ride being transformed into a satanic festival for the ears has a wonderful impact on things. They move over and you proceed.

Having trouble picking a CD of Death Metal? Google is your friend.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/top-10-death-metal-bands/amp/

Amazon has these:

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Slim-Soft-Foam-Earplugs/dp/B005YUW7A2

You can use these to quell the awful noise from your car as you watch the cyclists squirm in their seats and pull over to let you by...

and they come come in handy at shooting matches. I thought purple might be your color but they do have other colors.:D

Yep, Slim, that IS passive aggressive. :D

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Never thought of it as “passive aggressive” but, it could be. I will say that anyone trying to bully me in traffic doesn’t receive passive aggressive treatment once they initiate their move. :rolleyes:

Me too. Once they start the dance.

Climate Change is gonna kill us all in about 10 years and some are worried about truck horns and bikes... :o

Allowing that huge truck to move ahead of you will help save his gas and therefore, less emissions to help

keep our air cleaner..... although a disrespectful truck driver helps keep all the other vehicles on the road longer.

And those cyclist are also doing their part to help us have maybe 12 more years on Earth before Climate 

Change kills us all........ even though the cyclist after effects are causing the cars to stay on the road 2-3 times

longer because the cyclist won't move over..... ;)

Next time any of you encounter such stupidness on the roadways, just remember..... when we all go from

either Climate Change or that big Asteroid, some of US will go at peace with ourselves, but others will

go as Stupid A$$hollies!

And thats about all I gotta say bout that.

..........Widder

Bicyclists who text and ride are by far the worst road hogs. 

15 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Texting and riding is a career path leading to promotion to organ donor, unless it is my friend on the back of my tandem, then it will lead to her becoming a pedestrian.

37 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Had a highschool kid wipe out pretty good in front of the house last year. No hands on the bars and texting. Once I saw he was ok all I could do was laugh at him. 

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Climate Change is gonna kill us all in about 10 years and some are worried about truck horns and bikes... :o

Allowing that huge truck to move ahead of you will help save his gas and therefore, less emissions to help

keep our air cleaner..... although a disrespectful truck driver helps keep all the other vehicles on the road longer.

And those cyclist are also doing their part to help us have maybe 12 more years on Earth before Climate 

Change kills us all........ even though the cyclist after effects are causing the cars to stay on the road 2-3 times

longer because the cyclist won't move over..... ;)

Next time any of you encounter such stupidness on the roadways, just remember..... when we all go from

either Climate Change or that big Asteroid, some of US will go at peace with ourselves, but others will

go as Stupid A$$hollies!

And thats about all I gotta say bout that.

..........Widder

10 years from now I am sure there will be a thread just like this one...and we will still all be dying from global warming...in 10 years...:P

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

10 years from now I am sure there will be a thread just like this one...and we will still all be dying from global warming...in 10 years...:P

I suspect that your observation is incorrect, Pat. You are overlooking the fact that the SKY IS FALLING, and it is much closer to the earth. 

We have perhaps two years at most. In fact I have puddles all over the yard to prove my part. 

Just now, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I suspect that your observation is incorrect, Pat. You are overlooking the fact that the SKY IS FALLING, and it is much closer to the earth. 

We have perhaps two years at most. In fact I have puddles all over the yard to prove my part. 

Stop peeing in your yard. :P

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Bicyclists! Don’t get me started on those...people. I am all for sharing the road but some bicyclists are just plain self-entitled, self-absorbed $&@#birds.

Blowing your horn does no good.

Revving your engine does no good. 

Being polite and hoping they move does no good.

Yelling at them does no good.

Rolling down your windows, turning on very loud obnoxious music, RAP or Death Metal, does do good...especially Death Metal.

Their casual quiet ride being transformed into a satanic festival for the ears has a wonderful impact on things. They move over and you proceed.

Having trouble picking a CD of Death Metal? Google is your friend.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/top-10-death-metal-bands/amp/

Amazon has these:

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Slim-Soft-Foam-Earplugs/dp/B005YUW7A2

You can use these to quell the awful noise from your car as you watch the cyclists squirm in their seats and pull over to let you by...

and they come come in handy at shooting matches. I thought purple might be your color but they do have other colors.:D

Yep, Slim, that IS passive aggressive. :D

Bag pipe music works. Works pretty good for folks that like to watch YouTube videos in public without headphones, too.

Although I did buy the 2 Mongolian Folk Metal songs SDJ mentioned last week.  I figure Wolf Totem might just replace Scotland the Brave by the Scotish National Drum and Pipe Corps.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Stop peeing in your yard. :P

I've got the saltiest piece of ground in Allen County. :D My wife has two hydrangeas next t the porch. She wonders why one is so much bigger and greener than the other.

In my area it had become dangerous ( more that is ) to drive on hywy 247.  The shoulders were paved a while back.  Just great. Now IDIOTS use them for a passing lane!  Recently I observed the ultimate of this when I was driving the legal 55 mph . . . thee cars behind me . . . and a car came up FAST behind them .  . . swerved on to the shoulder  . . shot bast them and me . . . and continued out of sight ahead at what I would guess was 80 mph.  :o  :huh:  :angry:

I no longer drive 247 at night at all.   Better to stay alive.  :)

13 minutes ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

In my area it had become dangerous ( more that is ) to drive on hywy 247.  The shoulders were paved a while back.  Just great. Now IDIOTS use them for a passing lane!  Recently I observed the ultimate of this when I was driving the legal 55 mph . . . thee cars behind me . . . and a car came up FAST behind them .  . . swerved on to the shoulder  . . shot bast them and me . . . and continued out of sight ahead at what I would guess was 80 mph.  :o  :huh:  :angry:

I no longer drive 247 at night at all.   Better to stay alive.  :)

Hah!  You should try the approach to the Bourne Bridge (one of the 2 bridges to Cape Cod) on a sunny Saturday summer morning.....steady stream of "Me Firsters" running down the break-down lane, thinking that they are so much smarter than the rest of us....until they run up on the State cop parked in an unmarked car in the same lane.....no where to go!  $200 ticket!

We had a radio host in Boston who used to encourage drivers to open up their passenger side door when one of these rude jerks started passing in the breakdown lane;  I had too much appreciation for a intact vehicle to try it; I did tend to move to the right and narrow the lane a bit....

I just can't let it go.....there must be justice in the Universe.

LL

Archived