SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Belt With Buckle In Front?

David Balthazar

WTB Shotgun Belt With the Buckle In Front for CAS.  Does anyone make one? 

Obviously the trend is to just turn it around (buckle facing backwards) but I don't care for the look.  I'd simply prefer the buckle in front, and shells splayed out to the left and the right.  Shotgun slides also won't work for my current rig.

Thank you!

I've never seen one. I'm sure any number of leather workers could make you one.

Easy enough to test with a regular belt and a couple of slides and actually sounds kind of neat. 

I'm thinking a belt similar to this would work nicely:

420a%20650.jpg

1 hour ago, David Balthazar said:

Obviously the trend is to just turn it around (buckle facing backwards) but I don't care for the look.  I'd simply prefer the buckle in front, and shells splayed out to the left and the right.  Shotgun slides also won't work for my current rig.

Thank you!

I think you might need to re think your ammo load, 
Buckle to the rear is done to allow the positioning of the ammo unencumbered by the butts of your pistols. 
if you could get a belt that had loops mounted very close to the buckle then you have the flap end of the belt getting in the way. 
I'm sure someone tried this many years ago but found out it just wasn't a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

I think you might need to re think your ammo load, 
Buckle to the rear is done to allow the positioning of the ammo unencumbered by the butts of your pistols. 
if you could get a belt that had loops mounted very close to the buckle then you have the flap end of the belt getting in the way. 
I'm sure someone tried this many years ago but found out it just wasn't a good idea. 

I think it is up to the individual how he wears his belt

54 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

I think it is up to the individual how he wears his belt

Yes this is true, I did say rethink, and gave reasons why it could be a bad idea, 

If he can make it work for him. Well that's him and to each their own

Most any of these buckles could be made to work, especially if you use slides. Permanent loops could also be used, but the adjustability will be limited.

http://civilwarbuckles.com/pages/US.html

My rig has 5 pairs of SG loops. I wear it centered in the front, buckle to the rear( which I understand is not your desire) but I only have to wear one belt. I like the look of the belt Tyrel showed but I dont think it would work for me.

Imis 

I guess I don’t get it. Buckle in front or buckle in back it’s the same belt, ain’t it, regardless of orientation? Just get one with loops all the way around and put the buckle there you like. For the record I prefer canvas.

15 minutes ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

I guess I don’t get it. Buckle in front or buckle in back it’s the same belt, ain’t it, regardless of orientation? Just get one with loops all the way around and put the buckle there you like. For the record I prefer canvas.

+1

Its all in the eye of the beholder. I use a canvas belt with buckle in back because I want my shells in front over my belly button. For my taste I think the stupidest thing I've ever seen is a shotgun slide. Can't see John Wayne or Clint Eastwood wearing a slide. Can you?

I’ve been a fat stubby shooter and now I’m a skinny stubby shooter. Even when I was robust and there was more real estate up there my gun belt was too crowded up front with a slide. My weekends got dramatically better when I got a shotgun belt.

I still cant settle on a decent shotgun belt.  So far I have just been using a slide attached across the front of the buckle on my gun belt.  It isn't ideal, but it works until I find something that I like.

You could always get a double buckle belt and put the loops on the center piece.

I would imagine it would be pretty simple for one of our leather makers to find some 2" wide black  canvas material and make you a belt. I know when I've searched for wide canvas before black is pretty easy to locate.

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
6 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Several makers make a canvas shotgun belt with MANY loops and you can place the buckle anywhere you please. (I slide mine around back)

get the canvas belt 

4 hours ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

I’ve been a fat stubby shooter and now I’m a skinny stubby shooter. Even when I was robust and there was more real estate up there my gun belt was too crowded up front with a slide. My weekends got dramatically better when I got a shotgun belt.

Bein skinny prolly helped yer weekends get better too, just sayin:D. You did meet a new lady.

12 hours ago, Bull Skinner said:

+1

Its all in the eye of the beholder. I use a canvas belt with buckle in back because I want my shells in front over my belly button. For my taste I think the stupidest thing I've ever seen is a shotgun slide. Can't see John Wayne or Clint Eastwood wearing a slide. Can you?

I can’t see Wayne or Eastwood wearing a shotgun belt either. Especially when it turns into a bra like so many do. 

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here.  I spend enough time customizing and smithing on 'me guns.   I will find an non custom way, and bandoliers don't work for me.  I have found someone who it might work with.  Thanks guys!

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 4/18/2019 at 7:39 AM, David Balthazar said:

Thank you!

EASY ENOUGH BUY A GOOD CANVAS BELT AND IT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS VERY WELL.:FlagAm:

On 4/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

You could always get a double buckle belt and put the loops on the center piece.

This is what I have done, it holds 10. I don't like shotgun belts and bandelero s don't work for me either. I shot shotgun left handed and the rifle right handed

Archived