SASS Wire Forum

Columbine shooting obsessed woman is dead

Utah Bob #35998

An armed teenager allegedly obsessed with the Columbine shooting has been found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities announced Wednesday.The 18-year-old woman, Sol Pais, had allegedly made threats to schools in the Denver area, sparking a massive manhunt that started Tuesday.Pais traveled this week from Miami -- where she attended high school -- to Colorado, where she bought a pump-action shotgun and ammunition, said Dean Phillips, special agent in charge of the Denver FBI.

Local news media said she “legally” purchased the shotgun. Really? I don’t think so. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-authorities-searching-columbine-obsessed-woman-threatened-denver/story?id=62440721

What are the laws of Colorado regarding purchase of a long gun by out of state individuals? I'm pretty sure in Ohio we can sell to Florida residents, and certainly other states, but only long guns.

Long guns can be bought by an out of state person only from an FFL. Long guns can not be purchased from a private individual by an out of state resident. These are federal rules

These rules can be superceded by state law. If your state of resident does not allow this, you are out of luck.

Legally, Handguns can not be bought by any out of state resident.....neither from an FFL or a private individual. They must be transferred to an FFL in your home state and then transferred to you.

A Ohio resident can not sell any firearm to a Florida resident....legally!

3 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

Long guns can be bought by an out of state person only from an FFL. Long guns can not be purchased from a private individual by an out of state resident. These are federal rules

These rules can be superceded by state law. If your state of resident does not allow this, you are out of luck.

Legally, Handguns can not be bought by any out of state resident.....neither from an FFL or a private individual. They must be transferred to an FFL in your home state and then transferred to you.

We are unable to sell to residents of certain states because of their state laws. Did she buy from a private seller? I didn't see that in the article.

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Apparently she did purchase it legally through an FFL:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/04/17/sol-pais-littleton-gun-store-owner-sold-shotgun/

I always thought it was federal law that you couldn't buy a gun out of state unless it was transferred through a local FFL. Apparently not.

Only in some states, like PRK.

OLG

Patsy! She is 18. Just one more nail in the coffin of people under 21 buying guns. She just gave Feinstein/Schumerlike government morons more of what they need to pass more restrictions. 

28 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

That was a pretty rough looking 18 year old. She looked twice that age.

That was my first thought as well. She looked more like 30 at the very least. I still wish I knew what is it about Columbine that inspires so many mentally unbalanced kids to do something similar.

Other than buying a shotgun, what exactly did she do or say?  I've read several articles about this; oddly, I haven't found any specifics about anything she's said, other than vague references to "threats" and a "fascination with Columbine." 

I'm certainly not defending her, but it just seems curious.  Did I miss the more detailed reports?  :huh:

On another note, the local Columbine officials say they are not a tourist attraction, so don't go there if you have some fascination with the school shooting. And yet they have Memorial services every year.

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

On another note, the local Columbine officials say they are not a tourist attraction, so don't go there if you have some fascination with the school shooting. And yet they have Memorial services every year.

15 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

They need to re-name the school and change the mascot. It might ward off some of these psycho pilgrims.

They need their yearly dose of attention and to get in their manipulative politically correct influences. 

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Other than buying a shotgun, what exactly did she do or say?  I've read several articles about this; oddly, I haven't found any specifics about anything she's said, other than vague references to "threats" and a "fascination with Columbine." 

I'm certainly not defending her, but it just seems curious.  Did I miss the more detailed reports?  :huh:

The FBI admitted they had no pc for an arrest. They wanted to interview her based on her apparent fascination with Columbine combined with her traveling to 5he area and purchase of a firearm. On social media she had made statements in the past that concerned her family and friends. 

Archived