SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 Cowboy 44-40

Doc Bandit, SASS #25320

I bought a used '97 vintage .44-40 Cowboy LTD in August of 2015 for $699.99 with a Lyman tang sight. BUT, the butt stock and fore end had been replaced with vintage uncheckered wood with a crescent butt plate. Nice wood, but an odd thing to do.

I know of a JM of that model that sold for somewhere in the $1000-1200 range recently.

Nice rifle. I'd have bought it but I shoot CC and cannot use a Marlin. :(

I have one with the usual safe and shooting beauty marks.  It's not for sale, but I'd put the value north of a grand.  It's easily the most accurate centerfire rifle I have.  

I had one we picked up in Nashville.  But we were not on the road an hour on our return home when it came to be Sawmill Mary's.   It was tuned by Widder.  Slick gun.  She has at least 5 other Marlin 1894s but this is THE one.

8 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I had one we picked up in Nashville.  But we were not on the road an hour on our return home when it came to be Sawmill Mary's.   It was tuned by Widder.  Slick gun.  She has at least 5 other Marlin 1894s but this is THE one.

Who are you kidding, it was hers before you left the parking lot :P

Buy it!!!

What's wrong with it?

10 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Then there is a Century Limited in 44WCF.   One of the few guns we can't shoot.

What's wrong with it?

15 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

59ccd2c9cceae_MarlinCenturyLimitedJan2017.jpg.4c01c8463206c44ab9230ec4eb2339bb.jpg

Then there is a Century Limited in 44WCF.   One of the few guns we can't shoot.

She’s sittin’ there in the dark just cryin’ for you to take her out and press the bang button.  

My my dad always said there was no such th8 g as a gun too collectible to shoot. If he didn’t feel comfortable pulling the trigger, he’d sell it to someone who needed an overpriced safe queen.

Hi

Thanks for all the comments.  The rifle is the just the Limited NOT the Century  Limited like the picture above.  Judging from the comment, the value should be in the $100-1100 range??  Is That correct??

Doc Bandit

PS;  A number of year ago, I briefly owned a Century Limited model.  Got if off gun broker.  When it arrived, the stock was broken so I sent it back.

Archived