SASS Wire Forum

Need a source of spg lubed 45's

Timothy

Whyte's Leather; www.whyteleatherworks.com.

Big Lube bullets, but 250grain.  Haven't seen 230's.

15 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

While not SPG, these have a BP friendly lube: http://cowboybullets.com/

Hey Doc. You know me. All I shoot is BP. I have not found any of the bullets that claim to be good for both bp and smokeless to actually be BP friendly. At least not in my colts. I’ve talked to several of the bullet makers and they almost always tell me when using their bullets with BP to remove and wipe the cylinders and swab the bore between stages. That to me is the exact opposite of BP friendly. Springfield Slims big lube Bullets are the only ones I’ve found that allow me to run 6 stages, let alone a two day 12 stage match without having to do anything to the guns. 

6 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Hey Doc. You know me. All I shoot is BP. I have not found any of the bullets that claim to be good for both bp and smokeless to actually be BP friendly. At least not in my colts. I’ve talked to several of the bullet makers and they almost always tell me when using their bullets with BP to remove and wipe the cylinders and swab the bore between stages. That to me is the exact opposite of BP friendly. Springfield Slims big lube Bullets are the only ones I’ve found that allow me to run 6 stages, let alone a two day 12 stage match without having to do anything to the guns. 

When you get the chance-Give DGL a try.

I use it for BP and 'white'.

OLG

6 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Having a BP friendly lube isn't quite the same as having enough lube. ;-)  I used to add a lube wad between powder and bullet when I was shooting BP in 45's just because there wasn't enough lube.

Archived