SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy Champion

Yul Lose

The final outcome was less representative of the competition level than you'd think!  The other player, I thought, was a little timid with his Final Jeopardy wager and that produced a larger final score difference.  The guy was good!!  He actually caught two of the Daily Doubles and led for a good portion of the game.  That's twice now that the game has been in doubt going into Final Jeopardy.

James is now less than $10,000.00 from the two million dollar mark!!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a close one for James last night and he knew it. I was beginning to think he might be throwing the game. Both of those players were buzzing in before James. Usually he has complete control of the board, but not last night. Will see what happens tonight.

5 hours ago, Smoken D said:

That was a close one for James last night and he knew it. I was beginning to think he might be throwing the game. Both of those players were buzzing in before James. Usually he has complete control of the board, but not last night. Will see what happens tonight.

Yeah, James didn’t seem to be all there last night. Seemed slow and preoccupied.

58 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Yeah, James didn’t seem to be all there last night. Seemed slow and preoccupied.

Not only that, he did his name differently than normal on the name board. I thought he might be throwing the game also but he came back and got it.

GO JAMES

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Not only that, he did his name differently than normal on the name board. I thought he might be throwing the game also but he came back and got it.

GO JAMES

Out of shape after the break for those other shows? It would have been the fourth show of the day. See how he does tonight in the fifth show.

He’s rolling tonight. I feel sorry for the lady on the end.

James was $1,800.00 away from being the only contestant in Final Jeopardy. I wonder if there has ever been only one player left for FJ?

On March 16, 2011 there was only one player in FJ. There was one game in the Art Fleming days where all three players were at $0.00 or lower after DJ so there was not a Final Jeopardy question that game.

He cracked $2,000,000.00 last night and did it in a big way!!  He could possibly take the top money slot by next weekend.  Even without two of the three Daily Doubles yesterday he amassed over $70,000.00!!

Monday evening:   James wins with a new single game record of  $130,000+.

He bet $58,000 on the Final Jep question.

I thought he was gonna run the tables on the 1st segment.   He was on his game tonight.

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I thought he was gonna run the tables on the 1st segment.   He was on his game tonight.

..........Widder

I forgot all about it myself, thanks for the update!

You coming to Wartrace this weekend?

20 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Thanks, Widder, they had a hockey game on here so I wasn’t able to watch. Sounds like James isn’t far from the record that Ken Jennings set in 3 times as many shows.

Actually, if you swept both boards, getting the Daily Double on the last play in Jeopardy and it being a $200.00 slot the total there would be $35,600.00. Then if you swept the Double Jeopardy board and caught both Daily Doubles on the last two tries, both under $400.00 spaces, you’d end up with $283,200.00!!

You will have $17,800.00 when your first DD comes up, giving you $35,600.00. If you then sweep the board in Double Jeopardy , arriving at the last two spaces and they are both $400.00 spaces covering DDs, you’ll have $70,800.00. Double that once and you have $141,600.00. Double it again and you take home $283,200.00!!!

I didn’t have a calculator so my numbers may be off a little, but that’s a lot of jingle for a few minutes’ work!!

edited to correct numbers!!  I found my calculator!!:lol:

59 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually, if you swept both boards, getting the Daily Double on the last play in Jeopardy and it being a $200.00 slot the total there would be $35,600.00. Then if you swept the Double Jeopardy board and caught both Daily Doubles on the last two tries, both under $400.00 spaces, you’d end up with $283,200.00!!

You will have $17,800.00 when your first DD comes up, giving you $35,600.00. If you then sweep the board in Double Jeopardy , arriving at the last two spaces and they are both $400.00 spaces covering DDs, you’ll have $70,800.00. Double that once and you have $141,600.00. Double it again and you take home $283,200.00!!!

I didn’t have a calculator so my numbers may be off a little, but that’s a lot of jingle for a few minutes’ work!!

edited to correct numbers!!  I found my calculator!!:lol:

Still 100 to 500 six columns for single Jeopardy?  200 to 1000 six columns for double?  Or did they double all that? Haven’t seen the show for years

Sweeping the first board 100 to 500 per column is 1500, 6 columns minus one 200 is 8800, double it 17600.  Do it again second board, 17800 plus 17600,  =35400 play double jeopardy again 70800, play final jeopardy, throwing caution to the wind 141600

what’s a calculator? sorry if I erred somewhere.

Jeopardy is 200 to 1,000 and Double Jeopardy is 400 to 2,000.

A calculator is for when you check your work in your head and the results are disagreed!!:rolleyes::lol:

AND !! I forgot Final Jeopardy!!

Double it AGAIN and you have $566,400.00!!

They might be better off if they offer him a cash settlement to stop playing.

I mean, his average winnings per night is over twice the amounts normally awarded to the winners.

Somebody is having to dig deep in their pockets to handle his payouts.

I suspect some advertisers/sponsors of the show have committed to more money for their

sponsorship because the ratings have gone up.   I read over the weekend that the ratings

for Jep have risen to the double digits.

Prince Farquar of Molistar married Jolene, daughter of ..... ?

James would probably know the answer.

..........Widder

36 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

They might be better off if they offer him a cash settlement to stop playing.

I mean, his average winnings per night is over twice the amounts normally awarded to the winners.

Somebody is having to dig deep in their pockets to handle his payouts.

I suspect some advertisers/sponsors of the show have committed to more money for their

sponsorship because the ratings have gone up.   I read over the weekend that the ratings

for Jep have risen to the double digits.

Prince Farquar of Molistar married Jolene, daughter of ..... ?

James would probably know the answer.

..........Widder

I’ll bet James knows  what I had for lunch today. :D

If Alex can make ten mill a year and Jamesis raising their ratings, they love giving him the big bucks

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Jeopardy is 200 to 1,000 and Double Jeopardy is 400 to 2,000.

A calculator is for when you check your work in your head and the results are disagreed!!:rolleyes::lol:

AND !! I forgot Final Jeopardy!!

Double it AGAIN and you have $566,400.00!!

Ahh they raised the stakes. I think you ]r 283k is the right max.

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Still 100 to 500 six columns for single Jeopardy?  200 to 1000 six columns for double?  Or did they double all that? Haven’t seen the show for years

Sweeping the first board 100 to 500 per column is 1500, 6 columns minus one 200 is 8800, double it 17600.  Do it again second board, 17800 plus 17600,  =35400 play double jeopardy again 70800, play final jeopardy, throwing caution to the wind 141600

what’s a calculator? sorry if I erred somewhere.

Sounds like you haven’t watched since the Art Fleming days.:lol:

James is up to $2.25 million $250k or so away from Ken Jennings record. He could break it early next week.

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

James is up to $2.25 million $250k or so away from Ken Jennings record. He could break it early next week.

I'm guessing he breaks it Friday of this week.

48 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

D@%*, I missed it; anyone know if they show them on the internet later tonight?

I’ll watch it for you. No hockey tonight so we get to see it.

23 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm guessing he breaks it Friday of this week.

He won again and he might do it this week.

Just short of $70,000.00 tonight.

Only one DD in the second round and at least one contestant was fairly competitive, at least during the first round.

Still, he might make the winnings record by the weekend.  It’ll be close!!

Well he won again but it’s doubtful he’ll break Ken Jennings 74 game total of $2.52 million, he’d have to have his best day yet to do it tomorrow.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he had a record day tomorrow and beat it.

$5K was the lowest bet I remember him making in the double round tonight.

I'm really curious to see how far they let him go after he sets the record.

Archived