SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy Champion

Yul Lose

22 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I don't watch the whole match, just the last minute or so to see if he's ahead and how much. I HATE the way he plays-I think it should be played top to bottom. Then I watch final jeopardy.

Having said that, I LOVE the way he's winning. This is history in the making. 

It's gonna be a LONG 2 weeks without him.

Awhile back there was an Asian fellow that played the game the same way bottom to top sniffing out the double jeopardies and I couldn’t stand it and was glad when he lost. This time around, however it doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal and James actually has a personality which the other guy lacked in a big way.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Awhile back there was an Asian fellow that played the game the same way bottom to top sniffing out the double jeopardies and I couldn’t stand it and was glad when he lost. This time around, however it doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal and James actually has a personality which the other guy lacked in a big way.

Yes, he was from Medina, Ohio, half hour from where I live. He was pretty good!

6 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I don't watch the whole match, just the last minute or so to see if he's ahead and how much. I HATE the way he plays-I think it should be played top to bottom. Then I watch final jeopardy.

Having said that, I LOVE the way he's winning. This is history in the making. 

It's gonna be a LONG 2 weeks without him.

I kinda like the wreckers or checkers play.

That game last night was pretty good.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

That game last night was pretty good.

I enjoyed it too! I was watching the Indians getting slaughtered by the White Sox so I turned over to Jeopardy. Nice to see a game for a change!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

My email informs me that James Holzhauer returns tonight.

Yes he does, can’t wait!!!

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

My email informs me that James Holzhauer returns tonight.

I can confirm your emails are correct, just finished watching it and can say no more.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

I can confirm your emails are correct, just finished watching it and can say no more.

Thanks, TC, we appreciate that out here on the left coast.

James is James. Makes it look easy. I still say one of his big early wagers is going to be his undoing, we’ll see.

HE's BACK...... and now, he's 89K+ richer tonight.

Some of the questions tonight were impossible to imagine that anyone would know the 

answers.   Yet, there were some smart competitors tonight.

Go James..... GO!

..........Widder

Another romp in the park for James. I was shocked that he got one wrong.....oops....nope, he was right. Personally, I got 3 right and 1 wrong. At the final I would have had $200 to lose.

Another Go James......GO!

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Another boring game...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So don't watch it, we'll let you know when he's gone, I'm thinking sometime after the 4th he'll get bored and stop pressing the buzzer. :P

22 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So don't watch it, we'll let you know when he's gone, I'm thinking sometime after the 4th he'll get bored and stop pressing the buzzer. :P

I don't watch it! I checked what was going on when the Indians game went to a commercial! I'd like to see him lose already, like I said before it's like watching baseball games and they're blowouts every single night. I have nothing against this guy I just can't get excited about it! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't watch it! I checked what was going on when the Indians game went to a commercial! I'd like to see him lose already, like I said before it's like watching baseball games and they're blowouts every single night. I have nothing against this guy I just can't get excited about it! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

That’s why I don’t bother to watch.

For me it is more entertaining to watch him answer correctly from so many different categories compared to watching 3 average players, stumble around with none of them responding on tough questions. Particularly on those "how in the world does anyone know that?" responses.

I missed yesterday’s episode. I’m sorting out my schedule for a quick trip to Atlanta, Thursday morning. 

I LIKE watching someone who is good at what they do and still keeps their head on straight!!  James is fun to watch and he’s unpretentious, almost to the point of embarrassment at times.

You never know when someone will give him a real challenge! There have been several times.

Wouldn’t you hate to miss the end of such a great run??  He’s going to be a lot of fun when the allstar episodes come around next time, that is if he’s out of the regular series by then!!:lol:

55 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I missed yesterday’s episode. I’m sorting out my schedule for a quick trip to Atlanta, Thursday morning. 

I LIKE watching someone who is good at what they do and still keeps their head on straight!!  James is fun to watch and he’s unpretentious, almost to the point of embarrassment at times.

You never know when someone will give him a real challenge! There have been several times.

Wouldn’t you hate to miss the end of such a great run??  He’s going to be a lot of fun when the allstar episodes come around next time, that is if he’s out of the regular series by then!!:lol:

The all star episodes might just be him the way he’s going. It’s going to take someone special and a big mistake or two by him for him to lose, IMO, of course.

I answered 17 correct tonight with no misses. During the final.....I Clavined.....knew the actors but couldn't remember the name of the movie. Oh well.

James must have hit the books during his vacation, he isn’t missing very many. I though that other guy might have a chance early on but like most challengers he faded fast in Double Jeopardy.

They were kind enough to put Jeopardy on at the sports bar we went to tonight!!  Several folks got excited!!

Is it strange that I answered a couple that nobody else got?  The $2000.00 dead sea scrolls question?

Ol’ James missed one of the Daily Doubles tonight, but the lady that found it gave the wrong response.

He also missed one answer and he knew he’d missed it before Alex could say anything.  You could tell that he new the right response but just goofed up!

CLOSE ONE TONIGHT!!  The guy on the other end of the stage plays like James does!!

Interesting!!

I've learned to not open this thread 'til after the show...  it usually comes on here after a post that "gives away the ending."  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

CLOSE ONE TONIGHT!!  The guy on the other end of the stage plays like James does!!

I missed it, did James make it?

It proves he’s vulnerable and a good player like they had tonight will do it. He played the same way James did. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I missed it, did James make it?

Barely. 

Archived