SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy Champion

Yul Lose

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m thinking his streak is coming to an end after last nights show. 

He survived a contest with a truly well qualified player last night.  How often does that happen on this show??  Players like this are rare and one per show is unusual.  

Holzhauer has probably forever changed the way the game is played!  Somebody said that this is the way the game was meant to be played!!  I'm in total agreement with that statement!!

If the put a Daily Double under one of the top row answers in Double Jeopardy, you might see some real fireworks the way he plays the game!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOnight, Alex welcomed everyone to the "James H...." show.   :)

He either has a super photogenic mind (or memory) or else he is trully a Genius.

He knows everything.

I'd be a buck to a donut that the shows producers have an investigator watching him.

The military needs to hire him to study battle tactics of our enemies.   And instead of

'calculating' enemy movements, he would know how to manipulate certain enemy movements.

..........Widder

Thought for sure last night would be it but he pulled it out. Looks like tonight won’t even be close.

I didn't get to see it tonight. Schoolmarm and I joined another cowboy couple to have dinner and go to the Avengers movie.  From what I could gather, he didn't have a big night by his standard, but it was a runaway again!

Blackwater,

James won over 90K on Tuesday evening.

One of his contestants answered the FINAL question with:  "What is....congratulations to James".

That was funny.

..........Widder

I put it on when the Tribe game went to a commercial, he was ahead by 20K, I never went back!

BTW the Tribe won 7-4!!;)

You know he’s going to have a good night when he hits the bonus question on his very first pick of the game.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Blackwater,

James won over 90K on Tuesday evening.

One of his contestants answered the FINAL question with:  "What is....congratulations to James".

That was funny.

..........Widder

Yes it was.

Thanks, guys!  I went to the movies with Will Rielly last night.  Me ‘n’ Schoolmarm met up with Will and his wife for supper and the Avengers movie!

I missed the Tuesday episode entirely and got home too late to do a good search!

He did it again! Over $100,000.00 for the day, all three Daily Doubles,all in on the first Daily Double, and another complete runaway!

He is averaging over $75,000.00 a day. Again today, he didn’t give a single incorrect response. He’s tied for second in all time regular program wins.

He is really fun to watch!

BW (and others on the East Coast), PLEASE don't post "The butler did it" stuff... those of us in the rest of the country would kinda like to see it ourselves.  :( 

I read somewhere today that since James has been on his run Jeopardy ratings have gone up pretty good, it’s now the number one show.

3 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

BW (and others on the East Coast), PLEASE don't post "The butler did it" stuff... those of us in the rest of the country would kinda like to see it ourselves.  :( 

Sorry ‘bout that, HC!  I missed yesterday’s show and looked all over for a rebroadcast.  No luck!!

It was a good show!  You’ll enjoy it!  

18 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I read somewhere today that since James has been on his run Jeopardy ratings have gone up pretty good, it’s now the number one show.

Makes me wonder if they might be assisting him.

24 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

You have to avoid Jeopardy threads like I have to avoid Game of Thrones threads because I don’t have HBO right now.

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Makes me wonder if they might be assisting him.

I doubt that they're doing it.  There were several incidents, years ago, that resulted in charges and if I remember, some jail time for the culprits of the game show cheating scandal back then!  As I recall, most of these shows have strict auditing just to prevent such things.  

If they were feeding someone answers, they wouldn't DARE let there be runaway after runaway like we're seeing here.  I'm certainly not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but if I was cheating, I'd at least make it believable.  More believable than this!!

How many of YOU play along with the game?   I do.

I manage about 4-5 correct answers a night and about 1 out of 5 'Final Jeopardy' questions correctly.

Tonight (Wed), I hit the Final question, which took me about 5 seconds to know what it was.

Respectful of those who haven't seen it yet, I won't comment on the question or the answer.  Sorri.

..........Widder

9 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I manage about 4-5 correct answers a night and about 1 out of 5 'Final Jeopardy' questions correctly.

Tonight (Wed), I hit the Final question, which took me about 5 seconds to know what it was.

Respectful of those who haven't seen it yet, I won't comment on the question or the answer.  Sorri.

..........Widder

That's the only I answer I knew for certain tonight.

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I normally manage out pretty good on the answers when I watch.  Some people have even suggested I audition, but sure as hell I'd get on and either not be able to work the button fast enough or pull a full blown Cliff Clavin!

56 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

I normally manage out pretty good on the answers when I watch.  Some people have even suggested I audition, but sure as hell I'd get on and either not be able to work the button fast enough or pull a full blown Cliff Clavin!

For those few who may not remember... :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

For those few who may not remember... :rolleyes:

That’s about the only way James is gonna lose.

One answer wrong last night but he’s still the champ. $1.6million in 21 games!!!

He actually missed two! He now stands alone as the #2 all time game winner. A million and a half in 21 days!!

Tonight's his last night for two weeks. The Teacher's tournament will be on. 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tonight's his last night for two weeks. The Teacher's tournament will be on. 

I’m gonna miss him, teachers ain’t nearly as entertaining as gamblers are:D.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m gonna miss him, teachers ain’t nearly as entertaining as gamblers are:D.

Not me! I stopped watching, I like close games!! I turn it on and see the blowout score by the middle of the game and I bail on it! It's boring, but that's just my take on it! Enjoy!!

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Not me! I stopped watching, I like close games!! I turn it on and see the blowout score by the middle of the game and I bail on it! It's boring, but that's just my take on it! Enjoy!!

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some of the squeaker games are good but when a guy is on the top of his game and obviously has studied the game I kinda want him to win and I kinda can’t wait for him to lose, about like Tom Brady.

Even with the blow outs it's amazing to see people get some of the more difficult or obscure topics right.  Some of them you know. Some you have learned the correct response before but can't come up with it. Then there are the ones that you have no idea and when you hear the correct response don't recognize it at all.

11 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Even with the blow outs it's amazing to see people get some of the more difficult or obscure topics right.  Some of them you know. Some you have learned the correct response before but can't come up with it. Then there are the ones that you have no idea and when you hear the correct response don't recognize it at all.

My wife was never much of a game show or Jeopardy fan but lately she is really into it. I can answer some of the questions each night but she is very good in a lot of the categories, I never knew. 

I visited the Kentucky State match yesterday and didn't get to see the show.  I got home last night around 10:00 pm and one of the very first questions out of my mouth was, "What happened on Jeopardy?"

I'm married to a teacher, (retired) and they may be quiet sometimes, but they ain't boring!! :wacko::lol:

Last night I watched a rerun from 12/17/18, pretty good game all the contestants had over 10K, the winner wound up with about 20K, a lady who won for the first time and I believe she won a few more times. It was a good close game, man do I miss that!!;)

I don't watch the whole match, just the last minute or so to see if he's ahead and how much. I HATE the way he plays-I think it should be played top to bottom. Then I watch final jeopardy.

Having said that, I LOVE the way he's winning. This is history in the making. 

It's gonna be a LONG 2 weeks without him.

Archived