SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy Champion

Yul Lose

The current Jeopardy champion is at $16,000.00 at the first commercial break!! He’s a professional gambler and has made some big gambles on the show over the last week and won nearly $300k in 6 shows! Ken Jennings, the all time champion may be dethroned unless one of the current champions gambles backfires. He definitely knows his stuff.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$106,000.00 for the night, nearly $600k for 9 games.

Wow.

I forgot to tune in tonight... was busy looking for Savage sight info on the 24hourcampfire site...  :rolleyes: 

It makes the game kinda boring though! I like when the games are close and you don't know who's gonna win! I don't even want to watch it now! Just my take. He is incredible though!:o

54 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It makes the game kinda boring though! I like when the games are close and you don't know who's gonna win! I don't even want to watch it now! Just my take. He is incredible though!:o

I’m the opposite, I guess. I want to see if Ken Jennings record will be broken and if the guys wild wagering on double jeopardy bets will do him in. He has bet everything early a couple of times and lost it all but still came back to win big each time. He is very good in most categories they play.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m the opposite, I guess. I want to see if Ken Jennings record will be broken and if the guys wild wagering on double jeopardy bets will do him in. He has bet everything early a couple of times and lost it all but still came back to win big each time. He is very good in most categories they play.

I'd like to know how the heck he always gets "Double Jeopardy" all the time! Incredibly lucky!!:o

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'd like to know how the heck he always gets "Double Jeopardy" all the time! Incredibly lucky!!:o

There was an Asian champion awhile back that did the same thing and hit the double jeopardies every time. This guy plays the same way and has done well. I felt sorry for that young lady last night that was at $0.00 when it was time for final jeopardy.

Much of his scoring is due to his selection pattern.  He starts with the highs paying answer in each category and works his way across the board, thus acquiring the highest amounts quickly.  This pads his number and prevents the other contestants from making rapid gains because the big numbers are gone.  He hits the daily doubles most often because he answers more "answers" and so he gets to select most often.  As a gambler, he understands the odds and plays them to his advantage.  As a contestant, he's well educated and has great timing on the button.  

He's a lot of fun to watch and with Ken Jennings' level of knowledge and his knowing how to score big quickly, he COULD break all records!!  I hope he does!!

Some of you may remember a game show called Press Your Luck, (Big bucks!  No Whammies!!).  A guy came on there who had studied the game and found a repeating pattern in the bonus board.  He had good reaction times on the "button" and knew the pattern that the big money board operated on. When he saw a certain part of the board light up, he'd hit the button and always avoid the "Whammy" which would have ended his game. Instead, the show aired and he was STILL going when the show ended.  They put a message up as the scene faded, explaining what had happened, and the show was off the air for quite a while after that.  When it returned, the board had been modified to work in a more random sequence which prevented the use of reaction time and skill.

34 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

He's very good. I'm trying to figure out if his smile after he wins is natural or if he is intentionally smiling in the most cheesy, fake way possible. 

That’s his poker face.

I’m thinking that the gaudy numbers he puts up are a little embarrassing. Hence the smile. He hasn’t shown any kind of arrogance that I’ve seen and seems to pull back now and then once the game is obviously decided to allow the other contestants to fight it out for second place.

Another thing I’m seeing is that he’s reached the point where he knows he’s playing with house money and even if he gets beat, he’s built himself a sizable cushion to live on for quite some time. He has also made himself a huge celebrity and can profit from that notoriety for years to come.  He could bet the farm at every turn and STILL not hurt his bankroll. He won $130,000.00 just today!

By the way!  What was the question that stopped Ken Jennings’ run?

According to Wikipedia...

On November 30, 2004, Jennings' reign as Jeopardy! champion ended when he lost his 75th game to challenger Nancy Zerg.[6] Jennings responded incorrectly to both Double Jeopardy! Daily Doubles, causing him to lose a combined $10,200 ($5,400 and $4,800, respectively) and leaving him with $14,400 at the end of the round. As a result, for only the tenth time in 75 games, Jennings did not have an insurmountable lead going into the Final Jeopardy! round.[7]

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

According to Wikipedia...

This new guy is kicking his butt. Stay tuned.

He’s got $71k going into final jeopardy tonight.

$60,000.00 final jeopardy wager, $131,000.00 for the day!!

That's the top four days' earnings!!  

Seeing this post I watched the game last night. He is good and like he said Vegas people know him by his first name with a smile on his face.

Well I guess Jeopardy is a sport now. They just did a piece on ESPN on how this guys strategy and how he plays the game works for him.

Another $74,000.00+ day.

WOW!!  Just wow!

That guy is awesome. Liked the mini tribute to his grandmother. He may be gaming the system but he is without a doubt incredibly smart and knowledgeable.

Wish him the best of luck. Also wish Mr. Trebek the best on his cancer battle.

I'd like to know how in the H#$% he gets the "Double Jeopardy's" all the time. I'm not talking about answering the qustion I mean he lands on it all the time!!! :o

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'd like to know how in the H#$% he gets the "Double Jeopardy's" all the time. I'm not talking about answering the qustion I mean he lands on it all the time!!! :o

He missed one yesterday but it didn’t hurt him.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When you answer most of the questions, you're likely to hit the Daily Doubles more often!  He not only makes big wagers, he answers 75% of the questions!! That means he picks 75% of the squares!! 

It took Ken Jennings 75 games to win $2.5million and the current champ has won $771,000.00 in 11 games!!! He is fun to watch.

It's like watching a baseball game and one team is leading 15-0 in the second inning!!

He just did it again!!  In Rye’s baseball analogy.  It’s like watching Nolan Ryan pitch to a high school team.  You KNOW he’s gonna’ dominate!  You just wonder if the kids can even foul one off!!

I'm always fascinated by people who figure out how to game the game shows.  Like the monty hall problem (which is more theoretical), and the last one I learned about was the dude who guessed his showcase showdown to the penny on the price is right. 

If it turns out they're cheating, I'm less interested but still like to hear how they did it. 

Archived