SASS Wire Forum

Sooooooo, I dropped a sleeve of shotgun primers on the floor

Too Tall Bob

Really!  And, those 100 shiny primers went rolling and bouncing in as many direction. Now, if that and the pursuant language was not bad enough my little dog ate 4 of them. H’mmmm. Guess I should stay inside when she goes out over the next day or so. 

2 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Really!  And, those 100 shiny primers went rolling and bouncing in as many direction. Now, if that and the pursuant language was not bad enough my little dog ate 4 of them. H’mmmm. Guess I should stay inside when she goes out over the next day or so. 

This, too, shall pass.   :D  Don't wear shoes in there for a week or so.  :P

Careful with the magnet idea.

The magnet can attract the primer fast and hard enough to cause detonation.

I was glad I was using a long stick magnet so I didn't have to bend over and I was reaching under a low shelf.

Wrap the magnet with a small towel or wash cloth to pad the metal to metal impact.

5 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Careful with the magnet idea.

The magnet can attract the primer fast and hard enough to cause detonation.

I was glad I was using a long stick magnet so I didn't have to bend over and I was reaching under a low shelf.

Wrap the magnet with a small towel or wash cloth to pad the metal to metal impact.

Yep! And it’s pretty freakin’ loud, too! ;)

Also, don’t use a floor vacuum. I can recall 2 people that I know that did that and a primer went off in the vacuum as it was picking up the primers with the brushes. One ended up having to replace the vacuum. The plastic housing was cracked.

Y'all need to train your pets better.

Feller on another board. Spilled some small rifle primers. Had some fancy schmancy high-dollar pedigreed pigeon walking around in his loading room and it ate four of them.

He was telling about it and how they took it to the vet and they were in its stomach and didn't seem to be causing any problems, so he was relieved, and I mentioned the gizzard, and the small rocks therein.

Back to the vet, and a $1,200 operation later, and the primers were removed without blowing the bird up.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Y'all need to train your pets better.

Feller on another board. Spilled some small rifle primers. Had some fancy schmancy high-dollar pedigreed pigeon walking around in his loading room and it ate four of them.

He was telling about it and how they took it to the vet and they were in its stomach and didn't seem to be causing any problems, so he was relieved, and I mentioned the gizzard, and the small rocks therein.

Back to the vet, and a $1,200 operation later, and the primers were removed without blowing the bird up.

I suppose it is a good thing the dogs don’t have gizzards!

Ain't no pigeon worth 1200 Bucks.  Suckin tham li'l suckers (primers) up in yer shop vac without the filter can get some interesting.  Don't ask how I just happen to know that li'l FACT.

My wife got a live one in the Kirby. Things built like a tank though. She was some upset though. And if you want to clean the innards of a vacuum just pick up a couple ounces of shot. 

7 hours ago, Cactus Mike said:

Did you yell “PULL” before you sent those shotgun primers flying?

No, I believe I hollered “S- - -T” or something similar to that. 

Archived