SASS Wire Forum

Winning Overall is good however this is GREAT!

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

Matt Black has won a few matches Overall however at the Florida State Match this weekend he won something that meant so much more to the both of us. 

Posse 3 awarded Matt Black the “Spirit of the Game” award and chills went all over me when that happened. He always works hard on the posse picking brass, setting targets, counting and running the timers etc and goes out of his way to be kind and help folks out who ask him if they need a tip or whatever. He never expects anything from that other than the people being nice to him and the same respect he gives. 

I am very proud of him for all he does. 

Thank you to Fast Eddie and everyone on Posse 3 at Florida State! You folks are awesome! 

The Florida State Match itself was FANTASTIC!  Great stages, great range, great banquet and the people there are simply amazing! The match ran smooth as glass. 

4972650F-3B34-487B-982F-9663185DDD39.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Matt Black has won a few matches Overall however at the Florida State Match this weekend he won something that meant so much more to the both of us. 

Posse 3 awarded Matt Black the “Spirit of the Game” award and chills went all over me when that happened. He always works hard on the posse picking brass, setting targets, counting and running the timers etc and goes out of his way to be kind and help folks out who ask him if they need a tip or whatever. He never expects anything from that other than the people being nice to him and the same respect he gives. 

I am very proud of him for all he does. 

Thank you to Fast Eddie and everyone on Posse 3 at Florida State! You folks are awesome! 

The Florida State Match itself was FANTASTIC!  Great stages, great range, great banquet and the people there are simply amazing! The match ran smooth as glass. 

4972650F-3B34-487B-982F-9663185DDD39.jpeg

It was nice getting a chance to chat with you at Florida State Colt and great fun watching Matt in the top gun shoot off.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

It was nice getting a chance to chat with you at Florida State Colt and great fun watching Matt in the top gun shoot off.

I enjoyed talking with you as well! We had a great time!

I enjoyed talking with both of you....HOWEVER.....contrary to Captain Bill I did not have great fun watching Matt in the top gun shoot off.....only because he was kicking my butt!!!!!

Good times and great shooting. Hope to see and shoot with you both of you in the future!

Stan

Congratulations Matt!!!

Matt and Colt are not just exceptional CAS competitors but hardworking posse members as well--a class act all the way around.

1 hour ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

I enjoyed talking with both of you....HOWEVER.....contrary to Captain Bill I did not have great fun watching Matt in the top gun shoot off.....only because he was kicking my butt!!!!!

Good times and great shooting. Hope to see and shoot with you both of you in the future!

Stan

Hold your head high, Stan.  You performed admirably for your advanced age.

1 hour ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Stan

Heck I was just glad to be in it with the likes of you two! Probably a scorekeeping error!

2 hours ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Stan

All I can say is Stan you gained a couple more fans this weekend my friend. Dylan and I have been talking about how great it was to get know you a little better and what a great leader you are. It’s obvious how admired you are and we can see why. It would be a pleasure to shoot with you that’s for sure! Oh and by the way my butt is still sore from you kicking it in the main match. Lol. Great times and even better memories. 

1 hour ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Matt and Colt are not just exceptional CAS competitors but hardworking posse members as well--a class act all the way around.

The exact same goes for you too Cass! I can’t express to you enough appreciation for making us feel welcome. It was an absolute pleasure to shoot with and get to know you. One more thing I want to say is the way you recognized us and especially Dylan at the banquet was simply incredible. We are big Cass fans now too! 

Thank you for everything you all did to make us feel welcome. 

It's already been well said. But, Matt & Colt chipped in on everything & anything that needed to be done on our posse. They're both friendly, funny, & hard working. It was a special treat to see Matt up close & personal. Being a spotter, you have to use a little visine to avoid blinking when he shoots, cause if you do, you're gonna miss several shots. And, Colt can run the guns too! I hope to have another opportunity to shoot on the same posse with them, cause it was GREAT!!!

Cass did a spectacular job on the match, again! His club was still pretty new when he took on the State match last year. But, everything was perfect. And, this year it was more perfect! Fla State is at the very top of our list of "must shoots", right along Fast Eddie's Georgia State Championship.

This is about the most fun a person can have. And, if your spouse loves it as much as you do (Ophelia does), I just don't know what could be better!

On to Alabama & then Georgia!! Yee-haw!!!!

20 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

It's already been well said. But, Matt & Colt chipped in on everything & anything that needed to be done on our posse. They're both friendly, funny, & hard working. It was a special treat to see Matt up close & personal. Being a spotter, you have to use a little visine to avoid blinking when he shoots, cause if you do, you're gonna miss several shots. And, Colt can run the guns too! I hope to have another opportunity to shoot on the same posse with them, cause it was GREAT!!!

Cass did a spectacular job on the match, again! His club was still pretty new when he took on the State match last year. But, everything was perfect. And, this year it was more perfect! Fla State is at the very top of our list of "must shoots", right along Fast Eddie's Georgia State Championship.

This is about the most fun a person can have. And, if your spouse loves it as much as you do (Ophelia does), I just don't know what could be better!

On to Alabama & then Georgia!! Yee-haw!!!!

We would love to go to the Georgia State Match too! Sounds like lots of fun! 

Thank you for all the kind words my friend! 

We for sure have to shoot together again! 

Nice job Matt!., congratulations!!

I received the Spirit of the Game award quite a few years back..

and like you.. my most cherished award..

Rance ;)

Thinkin I ain't never got an overall match award..:D:D tho :huh:

Well earned and deserved Mr. Black;)

Congratulations Matt and you Colt. It’s pretty special to get that award, both of them. We miss you two out here in the not so golden state. I look forward to seeing you at EOT.

27 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Congratulations Matt and you Colt. It’s pretty special to get that award, both of them. We miss you two out here in the not so golden state. I look forward to seeing you at EOT.

We miss you too Yul. Looking forward to seeing you at eot. 

1 hour ago, Rance - SASS # 54090 said:

Nice job Matt!., congratulations!!

I received the Spirit of the Game award quite a few years back..

and like you.. my most cherished award..

Rance ;)

Thinkin I ain't never got an overall match award..:D:D tho :huh:

Well earned and deserved Mr. Black;)

He says thank you Rance! 

Yep that's quite an honor Matt Black 

Just like what Rance stated above it is some thing to cherish.

Again congratulations.

JRJ

20190416_091327 (2).jpg

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yep that's quite an honor Matt Black 

Just like what Rance stated above it is some thing to cherish.

Again congratulations.

JRJ

20190416_091327 (2).jpg

He most definitely does  and he says thank you!

17 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

We would love to go to the Georgia State Match too! Sounds like lots of fun! 

Thank you for all the kind words my friend! 

We for sure have to shoot together again! 

You bet, man!

36 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Looks like we will be at Georgia State this year! We are excited. 

Sent you a PM.

Kajun

On 4/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Stan

Don't think your the only one that's ever been on the wrong end of that!

4 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Looks like we will be at Georgia State this year! We are excited. 

EXCELLENT! HOPE WE'RE ON THE SAME POSSE!!

48 minutes ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

and I thought we were friends.....LOL

Stan

I sure hope so, Stan.  I would give anything to be able to shoot within 3 or 4 seconds per stage of you on average.  I'd love to say that I showed what a 70-year sold Matt Black would look like shooting that match, but I have a feeling when he gets to that stage of life, he will still be laying down fast times.  With the talent we had there, I was very happy to finish where I did.  And thanks much for your support and encouragement with this match.

Archived