SASS Wire Forum

He’s Baaaaack

Yul Lose

Love him or hate him he played a great Masters. I don’t think he’ll match or beat Jacks 18 majors wins but he’s got 15 now. I don’t play golf or watch it much but the family was over for an early Easter brunch yesterday and the two golfers in the group wanted to watch the final and it was very entertaining.

I don't shoot them golfs either.

My dad is rolling over in his grave. He never liked Tiger.  ;)

Glad I quit watching regular TV long ago. 

Tiger and his philandering was everywhere in the news right around the time I cut the cable...Wow! That was 10 years ago. Cool!

Golf is the most stressful “relaxing” game I have ever played. 

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I don't shoot them golfs either.

My dad is rolling over in his grave. He never liked Tiger.  ;)

By chance, Bob, did you ever cross paths with Tiger's dad...?  

With all the back surgeries he's gone through to keep up the practice and hard work to do this is simply awesome! Congratulations Tiger!!

Speaking of golf.

A man out playing golf slices off into the woods.  The ball breaks a window in a run down shack. He walks up to the shack and knocks on the door.  An old woman answers the door. He apologizes for breaking the window and offers for pay for it. She tells he that while the window has been broken several times, no one has ever offered to pay for it. She tells him she is a witch and will put a spell on him.  For the next year, he will play his best golf ever and will have a great sex life. He goes back to the golf course and completes an excellent game of golf. Next he challenges the golf pro and beats him easily. He spends every possible moment of the next year playing golf at every course he manage to get to and having a wonderful time of it. After a year he finds himself back at the same course where he found the witch. Out of curiosity he slices one into the woods so he can talk to her. "Well", she asks, "How has your game been?" "Great! This has been the best year of my life. I have played all over the country and never lost a game." "And how about your sex life?" "Great, I had sex 4 times ."  "You call 4 times in a year great?" "Hey, for a Catholic Priest without a car in a town of 200 people, that's pretty darn good."

Before he hit the big time as one of the top 100 teaching pros, Tiger's first professional coach, Butch Harmon, was the pro at one of the local country clubs. A co-worker was a friend with Butch, and we played golf with him. I got free instruction, and, for that Summer, my game improved 6 strokes. Butch moved to Texas and became Ernie Els ' coach. Ernie's career took off, and Butch was on his way. Today,  I couldn't afford 1 minute of his time.

I personally don't play. The last time I played,  I shot a 76...

Some say that's pretty good. (Didn't keep score on the back nine.)

Chasing a little white ball around a cow pasture not ever my idea my having fun.

Middle son enjoys golf and is pretty good at it, so what does he do? He chases those little white balls around our cow pasture. (true story)

4 minutes ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

Chasing a little white ball around a cow pasture not ever my idea my having fun.

Middle son enjoys golf and is pretty good at it, so what does he do? He chases those little white balls around our cow pasture. (true story)

Seems to me that there are places your ball can land in a cow pasture that you don’t want to hit it.

true that!

1 hour ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

I once shot a 76 too!!!!

(In nine holes!!:lol:)

6 hours ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

I shot a 76 once. Could've been my best game ever but I ran out of daylight and didn't get to play the last 12 holes. :D

Trying to fool a fish with feathers wrapped around a hook;  trying to put every bullet through the same hole at any distance;  trying to run (any distance) a fraction of a second faster than another person;  using your body as a battering ram to move a leather balloon closer to a line drawn on the grass (or Astroturf);  shooting a propellant formulated by the Chinese 700 years ago;

Is hitting a little ball in a grassy garden really any less sane?

Tiger earned his win.  Congratulations.

Archived