SASS Wire Forum

Nebraska State

Old Man Graybeard

A great big thank you to Stirrup Trouble,Flatwater Monte,and the rest of the Platte Valley Gunslingers. A very enjoyable shoot...even if the weather didn't completely cooperate. I still had a wonderful time...even if I didn't shoot very well...actually terrible...probably my own fault. I still had a lot of fun. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. See you all down the trail...hopefully yet this summer. Thanks again OMG

Just now, Old Man Graybeard said:

A great big thank you to Stirrup Trouble,Flatwater Monte,and the rest of the Platte Valley Gunslingers. A very enjoyable shoot...even if the weather didn't completely cooperate. I still had a wonderful time...even if I didn't shoot very well...actually terrible...probably my own fault. I still had a lot of fun. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. See you all down the trail...hopefully yet this summer. Thanks again OMG

OMG - it was great to meet you and shoot with you this weekend.

I agree, other than the weather which is very much out of anyone's control, it was a great match.  And the banquet venue and caterer were superb!

Now that posse marshal of ours, he was a little strange... :D

See you down the trail!

Can't believe I forgot our great posse marshal...my newfound brother of the beard..who did a very fine job of leading us...Thanks Grizz

It was a dang fine shootout. 

The WX forecast was sounding pretty bad.  In fact, Interstate 80 was closed just 30 miles west (& clear to WY) of our location.

But it turned out to be good enough WX to shoot the matches.  In fact, Saturday was just pretty nice!

Stirrup, Skunk, Flatwater, D.B., Grizz, Sixkiller, Mesquite (and others that I don't know about) all got together and busted their asses to get it accomplished.

And thanks to Hornady for their big sponsorship help.

Respects,

Mustang Gregg & Calamity JoAnne (NE Lady 49er Champ)

5 minutes ago, Your Nemesis said:

scores posted yet I cant find them??

Stirrup was hoping to get them up tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

I'll post a link here when they are up if I find them before you LOL.

Thanks to everyone that came, and I am trying to do some horse trading with some other venues to get us a more reliable month to hold the match (and we are working on something else that could be exciting that I cannot talk about yet).

Oh and I spoke with the Stuhr Museum folks, and if we get a different month, they are excited to offer us the chance to have our banquet right in the middle of railroad town, so you will feel like you really have stepped onto the 1870s prairie

Archived