SASS Wire Forum
Warden Callaway

Cimarron El Malo 2 ?

It's almost impossible to find on the Cimarron web site but I came across an "El Malo 2" that looks to be the same as the defunct Eliminator 8. Checkered Army grips, octagon barrel and lowered hammer.  Maybe not short stroked. 

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/eliminator-8-4-3-4-45lc.html

Anyone have experience with one of these?

Not a big seller. Two reviews

and on the market since 2016

The El Malo 2 came out this year at shot show. It is not short stroked and I thought it was actually the thunderer grip on it with a short sherrifs barrel.

El-Malo-2-768x576.jpg

Edit: I just checked the link you sent and the reviews actually are for the eliminator so I think they are still working on the site.

Edit 2: looks like it is an eliminator with out the short stroke. I just checked this link at ammo land

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/cimarron-firearms-sequel-to-the-bad-one-el-malo-2/#axzz5lDaB2emA

Edited by El Cubano

I'd never heard of one until I ran across one in 357 magnum on GB.  I suspect it's another show and no go model from Cimarron.  

I have an Eliminator 8 in 45Colt.  And really like the looks and feel.  But, although it was suppose to have be new,  it was a mess inside. I just suspect short stroke was too difficult to get right.