SASS Wire Forum

Where to eat - Seattle

Chief Rick

I used to travel to Seattle on a regular basis.  I hope you like seafood because you'll find lots of it there.  I have a couple of thoughts, from a visitors perspective.  I'll let some of our "locals" to that area answer first.

Enjoy!!

Thanks.

Love seafood,.  Though partial to fried, I also like broiled, grilled, baked and steamed.:D

Would prefer a "locals" type of place.  Something you might see on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

Economical is a big plus.

Try Chinooks at the Fisherman's terminal just south west of the Ballard bridge. They have some great seafood,

their clam chowder is great, both New England (white) and Manhattan (red). It is served with warm focaccia bread. 

Great sea food menu and a view of the ship's canal just above the locks. 

Cheese Cake Factory is always yummy. 

If I ever make it.

Stuck in LA.

Will have to sit at the airport all day tomorrow on standby. If I can't get on a flight standby, I won't fly out until Tuesday. 

I detest flying commercial. 

After being delayed a day getting to Seattle I finally made it home late Friday night.

Work (and traffic) kept me from getting to Chinook's or Ivar's.

I did make it to Duke's.  The food was good but it was spendy.

The place I enjoyed the most - atmosphere and taste - was Wally's Chowder House.  It was also very convenient to my hotel.

Another place I ate was Sharps RoastHouse.  Again, kinda spendy but the food was very good.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Try Chinooks at the Fisherman's terminal just south west of the Ballard bridge. They have some great seafood,

their clam chowder is great, both New England (white) and Manhattan (red). It is served with warm focaccia bread. 

Great sea food menu and a view of the ship's canal just above the locks. 

Wouldn't that be clam chawda?^_^

I was downtown at a Mariners game this week and the homeless were much reduced from the last time I was there.  Heard they had moved them out, still some on the walk back to the hotel and my first ever run in with a couple of working gals....I’ve lived a sheltered life.

glad you liked Dukes, sorry to hear it was expensive....I’ve just come to accept that as normal around here.  A beer and a hotdog at the game was 20 bucks.

15 hours ago, JD Lud said:

glad you liked Dukes, sorry to hear it was expensive....I’ve just come to accept that as normal around here.  A beer and a hotdog at the game was 20 bucks.

Yeah, $30 for lunch is a little on the high side. 

I averaged $25 (with tip) for my suppers at Wally's.

8 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I wonder if they have a Starbucks there? :blink:

The worse tasting coffee I've ever had. Give me McDonald's any day of the week. 

58 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

The worse tasting coffee I've ever had. Give me McDonald's any day of the week. 

Yep, tastes like motor oil sludge.  First and only cup of Starbucks I ever had was in downtown Manhattan.  It was freezing cold and I would have given $20 for a hot cup of coffee.  Walked down the street to Starbucks and ordered a large, straight black cup of Joe.  Cost me $6 and I poured it out after two sips.  Sludge, i tell you.

Now, Tim Horton's is a whole 'nuther story.  Good stuff.

Archived