SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Announces Six New PC Carbine Models

Chief Rick

Nice PPC.

I sure hope the local Fish and Game catches this guy though. :angry:

A 40sw carbine will kill a bear or hog with ease. And I killed a dear with a Kahr PM40 before.
10mm will obviously punch the animal harder, but the 40 (especially out of rifle barrel) will do the trick just fine in a self defense encounter. I’d like to see the Carbine in 357sig for actual hunting purposes. The 357sig will hold velocity at distances that 10/40 won’t and even 9mm would struggle. Then my rifle can share ammo with my pistol.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Nice PPC.

I sure hope the local Fish and Game catches this guy though. :angry:

Why? Because he shot a deer with a 40 caliber pistol?

I don't know about Texas, but that's perfectly legal here in Florida, as long as he wasn't using ball ammo.

I love my PC Carbine. It is an ugly gun but it has character. That barrel shroud model actually makes the original model look good. ;)

I think it would have made more sense to make the newer PCC in .45 ACP.

Makes me wonder if they release them in this way to increase sales. I wouldn’t buy one in .40 or .45 ACP. I don’t own guns that shoot either round.

9mm PCC with a Glock 33 round mag would be 33 rounds of goodness!

The shrouded Ruger PC looks like a miscegenated  PPSH or one of the Finish equivs of WW2 fame.  UGLY as sin.

Probably functional...Ruger normally are quite functional.

STL Suomi

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Why? Because he shot a deer with a 40 caliber pistol?

I don't know about Texas, but that's perfectly legal here in Florida, as long as he wasn't using ball ammo.

Might be legal but is is far far from ethical.

Shoot a bear or good sized hog with that round and you are just going to piss it off and likely cause it to suffer a slow death. 

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I love my PC Carbine. It is an ugly gun but it has character. That barrel shroud model actually makes the original model look good. ;)

I think it would have made more sense to make the newer PCC in .45 ACP.

Makes me wonder if they release them in this way to increase sales. I wouldn’t buy one in .40 or .45 ACP. I don’t own guns that shoot either round.

I'm not interested in .40 S&W or .45 ACP - though if I saw a steal of a deal I'd probably have either follow me home.

Now 10mm on the other hand...

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Might be legal but is is far far from ethical.

Shoot a bear or good sized hog with that round and you are just going to piss it off and likely cause it to suffer a slow death. 

I think that's a gross over-generalization.

No, I wouldn't intentionally hunt bear with it but I see no reason to avoid deer or hogs.

.40 S&W is pretty much same ballistics as .38 WCF..

Proper loads and shot placement have taken many a deer and hog (and probably bear) in the past with the .38 WCF.

3 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I'm not interested in .40 S&W or .45 ACP - though if I saw a steal of a deal I'd probably have either follow me home.

Now 10mm on the other hand...

On another forum I saw lots of votes for 10mm there as well. I have been curious about the 10mm. Never fired one but a Glock 20 might be a great addition to my gun menagerie. :D

Which would mean I would want a PC Carbine in 10mm as well.

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

On another forum I saw lots of votes for 10mm there as well. I have been curious about the 10mm. Never fired one but a Glock 20 might be a great addition to my gun menagerie. :D

Which would mean I would want a PC Carbine in 10mm as well.

Glock 20 with slide cut for optic.:D

Don't care for the longer barrel of the G40 MOS.

Archived