Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Rick

Ruger Announces Six New PC Carbine Models

Recommended Posts

New models include three in .40 S&W.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice PPC.

 

I sure hope the local Fish and Game catches this guy though. :angry:

 

Quote

A 40sw carbine will kill a bear or hog with ease. And I killed a dear with a Kahr PM40 before.
10mm will obviously punch the animal harder, but the 40 (especially out of rifle barrel) will do the trick just fine in a self defense encounter. I’d like to see the Carbine in 357sig for actual hunting purposes. The 357sig will hold velocity at distances that 10/40 won’t and even 9mm would struggle. Then my rifle can share ammo with my pistol.

 

Edited by Sedalia Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Nice PPC.

 

I sure hope the local Fish and Game catches this guy though. :angry:

 

 

Why? Because he shot a deer with a 40 caliber pistol?

 

I don't know about Texas, but that's perfectly legal here in Florida, as long as he wasn't using ball ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my PC Carbine. It is an ugly gun but it has character. That barrel shroud model actually makes the original model look good. ;)

I think it would have made more sense to make the newer PCC in .45 ACP.

Makes me wonder if they release them in this way to increase sales. I wouldn’t buy one in .40 or .45 ACP. I don’t own guns that shoot either round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9mm PCC with a Glock 33 round mag would be 33 rounds of goodness!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shrouded Ruger PC looks like a miscegenated  PPSH or one of the Finish equivs of WW2 fame.  UGLY as sin.

Probably functional...Ruger normally are quite functional.

 

STL Suomi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Why? Because he shot a deer with a 40 caliber pistol?

 

I don't know about Texas, but that's perfectly legal here in Florida, as long as he wasn't using ball ammo.

 

Might be legal but is is far far from ethical.

 

Shoot a bear or good sized hog with that round and you are just going to piss it off and likely cause it to suffer a slow death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 40 is just a new 38-40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I love my PC Carbine. It is an ugly gun but it has character. That barrel shroud model actually makes the original model look good. ;)

I think it would have made more sense to make the newer PCC in .45 ACP.

Makes me wonder if they release them in this way to increase sales. I wouldn’t buy one in .40 or .45 ACP. I don’t own guns that shoot either round.

I'm not interested in .40 S&W or .45 ACP - though if I saw a steal of a deal I'd probably have either follow me home.

 

Now 10mm on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

Might be legal but is is far far from ethical.

 

Shoot a bear or good sized hog with that round and you are just going to piss it off and likely cause it to suffer a slow death. 

I think that's a gross over-generalization.

 

No, I wouldn't intentionally hunt bear with it but I see no reason to avoid deer or hogs.

 

.40 S&W is pretty much same ballistics as .38 WCF..

 

Proper loads and shot placement have taken many a deer and hog (and probably bear) in the past with the .38 WCF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I'm not interested in .40 S&W or .45 ACP - though if I saw a steal of a deal I'd probably have either follow me home.

 

Now 10mm on the other hand...

On another forum I saw lots of votes for 10mm there as well. I have been curious about the 10mm. Never fired one but a Glock 20 might be a great addition to my gun menagerie. :D

Which would mean I would want a PC Carbine in 10mm as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

On another forum I saw lots of votes for 10mm there as well. I have been curious about the 10mm. Never fired one but a Glock 20 might be a great addition to my gun menagerie. :D

Which would mean I would want a PC Carbine in 10mm as well.

Glock 20 with slide cut for optic.:D

 

Don't care for the longer barrel of the G40 MOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.