SASS Wire Forum

Hot off the line Marlin 1894C in .357

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

On 4/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

So if someone were to go looking for these latest offerings what is the serial number range that will insure a harmonious outcome?

My new 1894CB has "BN" on the barrel stamp... called Marlin this AM, they confirmed my serial number MR-xxx was produced in January of 2019.
I'm very happy with fit and finish of mine.

3 hours ago, bgavin said:

My new 1894CB has "BN" on the barrel stamp... called Marlin this AM, they confirmed my serial number MR-xxx was produced in January of 2019.
I'm very happy with fit and finish of mine.

Would you post pictures for us to see?

OLG

Apparently, the lock was put in place by my CA FFL, and he forgot to put the key in the case.
When I opened the box the first time, I found this.
I called Marin and they confirmed they do NOT ship the guns with the lock in place.

My neighbor used a diamond embedded saw blade and made short work of the lock.
We then traded Oohs and Ahhs.  his 1895 in 45-70 and my 1894CB in 357.
My cycling is a bit smoother, his trigger is a bit better.
We are both quite happy.

I wound up including the lock in the photos, and couldn't seem to edit it out when I made the post.
Each photo was shot with a Nikon D810, macro lens at critical aperture, and 20x images at 0.5mm distances, then stacked in Photoshop.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Nut'n wrong with that rifle, I could see.

Hope'n for the best from Marlin now.

TNX!

OLG

Me, also.

They have had 10 full years to iron out any production and/or quality issues in the NY plant.
I'm not expecting anything like an SKB 7028WSB, nor would I even want one.

When time (and allergies) permit, I'll take it down and see if it needs some of the tweaks for the Marlin Jam, etc.

22 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Me, also.

They have had 10 full years to iron out any production and/or quality issues in the NY plant.

When time (and allergies) permit, I'll take it down and see if it needs some of the tweaks for the Marlin Jam, etc.

At this time-The only thing I would do is the replace the POS plastic magazine follower with a SS one. Maybe shorten the mag spring a bit.

Keep the screws 'tite' and enjoy.....

Some info for you to check out-

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/1894/

OLG

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Me, also.

'Tweaks' for the "Marlin Jam" can be addressed by either using OAL ammo which is better suited for the 'timing'

OR make sure your timing is properly set up to allow usage of  various OAL ammo.

I think the new Marlins are good rifles.   I have checked out 3 or 4 of them lately and have been pleased with

them.

..........Widder

On 4/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Anything that makes it easier for a new shooter is a win. We spent a lot of our time  and money on the box to match reviews.Gave folks factual real evidence that they fit the bill but it is drowned out by cynical people with no hands on experience who just repeat what they read somewhere in the internet.  planning for MI state. 

I am a new shooter and a frugal man by nature. I have followed your posts and reviews and find you to be an informed voice of reason. Too many people recommend $1500 guns and then say they need to be slicked up on top of that. Okay for the 10% elite shooters. I just want to have fun, camaraderie, and not embarrass myself. A $750 rifle that is reliable will do me just as good as a $1500 rifle. 

Archived