SASS Wire Forum

An Arrest Warrant has been issued to me from SSA

I have just received a call from a (920) 122-2113 number telling me the Social Security Agency has issued an Arrest Warrant against me and I need to press "one" to talk to an agent to assist me on this issue.

My goodness!!!!  I know there are people who will fall for this.  We all know this is against the law. My number is even on the federal "Do Not Call List."   Why isn't our federal government addressing this?   We get robo calls often, all in violation of the law.  Most are for relatively harmless stuff, ie: Credit Cards, Insurance, etc.  But this stuff is actually outright Fraud.

I'll tell you, if some politician wants a sure-fire campaign pledge that would get a lot of votes; promise to do all you can to stop robo calls!  I'd vote for that candidate on the outside hope they'd actually do something to stop these junk calls.

:angry::angry:

:angry:

Really believe the Far East practice of Public Caning would help discourage this White Collar crime.   They could reflect on the error of their ways while they are standing up for the next month.      GW

47 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

During an election cycle a lot of the robo calls I get are from the same politicians who lie to me. :mellow:

Political fundraising & electioneering calls are exempt for the laws & regulations regarding do not call lists.

Ahh! Scammers!

And the gullibility of people. Even smart, sophisticated people.

The City Treasurer of Ottawa, Ontario, sent off $93,000.00+ to a scammer, who infiltrated the City's e-mail system, pretended to be the City Manager and directed her to send the money. And she did. Almost did it twice!!

Your Secret Service was "observing" the scammer, but most of the money has disappeared.

When I was the Purchasing Agent, I was criticized for warning users of our Small Order System that scammers were targeting us and what to watch out for, since, once on the Sucker List, the Dark Web sold the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses to others who would try their luck.

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Really believe the Far East practice of Public Caning would help discourage this White Collar crime.   They could reflect on the error of their ways while they are standing up for the next month.      GW

That is a strange way to spell guillotine.

6 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That is a strange way to spell guillotine.

Let me respell that.   Beat his a@#$ with a bamboo pole.       GW

SSA - Slimy Scammers of Armenia

30 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

A guillotine is faster and more permanent.

I am trying to be compassionate to my fellow man.....LOL      GW

I used to really mess with these people. The more I messed with them, the more calls I got. I quit answering my phone and let all unrecognized numbers go to voicemail. After a couple of months, the calls stopped. 

Now I have a new work phone and a new personal number.

I am getting scam calls on my work phone, but not on my new personal number.

I got a lecture from one of the idiots in my “chain of command” (sarcasm - this guy couldn’t command water to flow) because I didn’t immediately answer his call. The other day. I explained about the scammers. He said “You should have all my numbers listed in your phone and you must answer immediately when I call.” Pinhead...he called me from a number I didn’t have.

I have decided it’s time to start answering scam calls again...and asking them to call back using the Pinhead’s number. ;)

When I have the time and they call me.

I will start talking with them about God and ask them to except Jesus Christ .

They usually hang up on me .

But they dont call back .

The Power of the Lord is amazing ! 

Just sayin .

Rooster 

I let these calls go to voicemail and then I block them. I know they probably call back on another number but I just keep blocking those too!

Just tell them you're with the federal government and are a real IRS agent and this number is being tracked and we will be there momentarily to arrest you, so hold tight And don't be afraid when men in swat uniforms start fast roping from black helicopters in their vicinity. You're giving them a heads up for their own safety.

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I just answer the phone in Spanish. 

+1

Well, you sure can't answer 'em in Urdu, seeing that's what most of 'em speak anyway.

11 hours ago, G W Wade said:

I am trying to be compassionate to my fellow man.....LOL      GW

And I admire that.  How about buying some flowers for a neighborhood widow or take a fatherless kid to a park or the zoo.

I'm full of compassion, but still believe the guillotine had a valid purpose: retroactive birth control is only one such purpose.

I got the ultimate scammer call the other day.  The scammers are trying to make it look like they are calling from here in town, so they  called me trying to make it look like the call was coming from my own phone.  And the dummies tried to call 6 times.   Anybody who ever worked with me knows I don't need a telephone to talk to myself.

My phone service is through t he TV cable company.  They have robo call detection that cuts them off after 1 ring.  Seems to work about 90% but even that is a great relief.  I clean about 50 robo calls a week out of my caller ID.  Next step is turning off the ringer completely.

I don't have caller ID on the home land line, so I just don't answer when the phone rings. I figure that is it's important, whoever it is will leave a message. And my lovely bride knows that I screen calls that way so she just starts telling me to pick up the phone...

If someone calls my cell phone and the number's not in my contacts list, same deal: I let it go to voicemail and if it's important they'll leave a message...

18 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

We all know this is against the law. My number is even on the federal "Do Not Call List."   Why isn't our federal government addressing this?

Because unfortunately our federal government doesn't have jurisdiction in Russia or India.

Sometimes I like to play with these people.  I got a SPAM call this morning, I knew it was, but I called back, anyway. 

"Why did you call me?"

"What is your name?"   (Indian accent.)

For fun I tell him and then ask him his name.

"I am ABC with the Social Security Administration."

I am thinking, "Sure you are", but I am playing the game so I go along.

"What do you want?"

"I need to verify your identity by your giving me the last four digits of your Social Security number."

I chuckled and I said, "No.  I'd have to be drink to give you that number!"

Click.  He was gone. 

The number was 512-772-1747.

I just called it back to make sure that was the number so I could tell it to y'all.  When ABC with the Social Security Administration (that's how he answered the phone!!!) said "How may I help you?" I told him exactly what I wanted him to do.  Fill in the blank yourselves. _________________________________________   :lol:  

Archived