SASS Wire Forum

Springtime in Colorado

Just got back from the RR Bar Crap Shoot in Lucerne Valley in the California Mojave Desert. Nice weather (80 degrees) and a great shoot. Woke up this morning to this.....2"+ snow. Welcome to springtime in Colorado!

014.JPG

002.JPG

If the electricity is still on just enjoy the beauty.  Lot's of people east of the Rockies are going to be without power soon.  Locally we're having the worst wind storm of the year.  However, the power still on so I don't complain.

It was 72 here Monday. :unsure:

The storm is rapidly moving east and north. We never had any blizzard warning here. Denver is gonna get hard tonight I think. Should be pretty nice by the afternoon here.

4 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

If the electricity is still on just enjoy the beauty.  Lot's of people east of the Rockies are going to be without power soon.  Locally we're having the worst wind storm of the year.  However, the power still on so I don't complain.

One of the best arguments for solar power I ever heard.  Had it on two houses and wouldn't even consider being without it.

I have natural gas heating and kitchen range, but I also have four electric heaters and a microwave and infra-red turbo cooker, so I'll survive nicely.

I also get an average $38.00 a month from the electric company for electricity I generate that they have to pay me for.

Archived