SASS Wire Forum

What sells better...

I find that $175 with FREE shipping" or "$175, shipped sells best.

"$160 + $15 shipping" pretty much guarantees a PM that tells me "they'll take it if I cover shipping". 

15 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

... "$175 with FREE shipping"/"$175, shipped"

or

... "$160 + $15 shipping"

?

As a trucker? I would like to bash free shipping over the head.

No body wants to pay shipping. Fine, go tote it yerself!

10 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

"$160 + $15 shipping" pretty much guarantees a PM that tells me "they'll take it if I cover shipping". 

No matter what you say or do you're gong to encounter a lowballer trying to get it for free. They'll take it for half the asking price, free overnight shipping AND a guarantee you'll pay for return shipping and double their money back if they don't want it. :huh:

24 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I may have actually have done that to you before... :lol:

36 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

But WAIT! There's MORE! Get a second one FREE! Just pay a separate fee of $175.00.

Reminds me of a sign in a music shop I went into once. " Free Guitar! (with purchase of a $500 pick)"

Once new a guy that wouldn't buy a pig for $20.00 but if you tried to sell him the same pig for $30.00 and let him talk you into selling it for $25.00 he would buy it and tell all his friends about the great deal he got.

$175 is $175 no matter how the words get it out of your pocket or get you the thing that you want. If I want something at a price the phrasing of the price really doesn’t matter. 

I look at the price of something from the angle of "Will she cut them off with a sharp knife or a dull one? Will I be sleeping, drugged or wide awake while she does it?"

Is it worth it,                              or not                       Usually not

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Once new a guy that wouldn't buy a pig for $20.00 but if you tried to sell him the same pig for $30.00 and let him talk you into selling it for $25.00 he would buy it and tell all his friends about the great deal he got.

That's an actual sales tactic. It's been shown that if you price something too low often you'll have a harder time finding buyers, as they often wonder why its such a good deal to begin with. When you price high and agree to a discount you'll be surprised how many buyers you reel in. Human nature. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

$175 is $175 no matter how the words get it out of your pocket or get you the thing that you want. If I want something at a price the phrasing of the price really doesn’t matter. 

Tell that to the oil industry. all your vehicle fuel is priced at $x.xx 9/10 But Bobs discount gas is $x.xx 8/10 people will drive across town to save a nickle per gallon. and on your average car that adds up to about $1 in savings, but it was a nickle cheaper

But I do agree, for the most part if I want it i pay what it costs and don't try to shop around.

9 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Is it worth it,                              or not                       Usually not

But you do it anyway, don’t you :D

39 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

But you do it anyway, don’t you :D

Sometimes! If you notice a change in my voice it means I bought a new Winchester .38-55...……….

Archived