SASS Wire Forum

She throws like a girl....

HA!  There is an axe throwing business somewhere near where I live.  I've been tempted to check it out but I never claimed to be an athlete and I sure don't want my axe coming back to me!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Then there was Ed Ames' throw on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson...  :rolleyes:

"I didn't know you were Jewish" :lol:

My youngest daughter doesn't care for firearms. She's not anti, but it isn't her thing. She does like edged weapons. As in, when she saw my fairbairn-sykes, she claimed it in my will. She teaches axe throwing part time at an axe throwing place. She's pretty good at it, apparently.

I used to throw knives, hatchets, axes. 

Mixing edged weapons and alcohol ...utter stupidity and naïveté. 

Imagine a news clip like that showing people target shooting at a bar...or something else just as dangerous and life altering, cruising for a mate! Now that’s really scary.  :lol:

We forged out our own throwing hatchets.

Made 'em with round eyes.

Dear old Dad worked for the Buckeye Pipeline and they broke shovel handles literally by the bushel basket.

He'd scarf up the broken shovel handles and we forged the eyes so they would just drive fit onto the swell-head end of a standard shovel handle.

We set up an old porch post in the side yard -- poplar it was, you can tell, green wood -- and we splintered that sad old thing plumb to pieces.

It was nothing, literally nothing, to hit a playing card every throw.

We'd hang a plantain leaf and we'd chew it to pieces, we'd hang a shred of the chewed up leaf and throw at that.

Once you get your distance -- the hatchet turns over once -- it's easily done.

Throwing an ax, bringing it overhead with both arms ... no thank you, I'll stick with my throwing hawk!

3 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

My vision is just somehow off, I have trouble with the sights on a tomahawk or ax.

Imis

You need to black them out, too. :D

Archived