SASS Wire Forum

Reporters

Utah Bob #35998

Watching a local news show out of Denver and they had a bit about the new traction laws that are going into effect next winter. Big fines for improper tire tread or no chains in the high country.

So their crack political reporter is outside and is going to show how you put chains on your car although admittedly he had never done it before. They switched back to the studio and checked back with him later.

Yeah, he put the chain on the rear tire of a front wheel drive Ford. I knew he would.

A few minutes later the main anchor dude mentioned that they had been getting a lot of tweets about that. :lol:

The reporter said he knew that but was just showing how to put a chain on. Of course he never showed anything. When they cut back to him, the chain was on. Could be the cameraman did it for him, knowing it was wrong and chuckling all the while. I have known a few news cameramen and they seem to be kinda fed up with the pretty field reporters most of the time.

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Being a news reporter is just like being an entertainer these days. It has nothing to do with skill or talent. It's all about being photogenic.

And being somewhat capable of reading a teleprompter, although that has become less important.

4 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

And being somewhat capable of reading a teleprompter, although that has become less important.

They use their phones now when on location. Remember when they wrote on pads?

22 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

And could read and write shorthand. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Being a news reporter is just like being an entertainer these days. It has nothing to do with skill or talent. It's all about being photogenic.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

On 4/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They use their phones now when on location. Remember when they wrote on pads?

22 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

And could read and write shorthand. 

When is the last time one of them actually reported NEWS?!? Not some fluff piece with an unhealthy dose of leftist nonsense thrown in.   9-11 MAYBE?!

This past winter those rules were in effect in Nevada.  Reminds me of December 8th 1971 on I40 in the TX panhandle.  The chained up 18 wheelers were sliding off onto the right shoulders & medians.  It was freezing rain icing up everything.  I didn't have chains & didn't want to get off the hwy. to search for chains*.  I remembered something my dad told me that he learned from a old timer tow truck driver that pulled him out a snow bank near hwy. 50's Echo Summit.  His car was chained up.  The old timer reduced the tire pressure to 10 PSI.   No more sliding off the road.  I reduced the tire pressure to 10 PSI & drove all the way to Albuquerque where we stopped for the night.  Fortunately ice storms don't occur in CA, NV or OR.

* On a mission to get home to SF Bay Area from Ft. Riley after discharge on the 7th.  Had to stop every mile or so to unstick the wipers & scrap ice of the windshield.  Funny thing how the mind remembers when & where you were when John Kennedy was assassinated, Neil Armstrong stepped onto the surface of the moon, discharge from active duty, etc.

Archived