SASS Wire Forum

Had my back surgery Monday

Pulp, SASS#28319

All of the sciatic pain is gone, really sore at the incision area.  I've always heard the third day is the worst, I'm beginning to believe it.  Yesterday morning I got the hiccups, had them until 6PM.  That got real old real quick.

The absolute worst thing was NPO at midnight, didn't go into surgery until 4:00PM.  I was ready to eat the pillow in the pre-op room. :)

1 hour ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

All of the sciatic pain is gone, really sore at the incision area.  I've always heard the third day is the worst, I'm beginning to believe it.  Yesterday morning I got the hiccups, had them until 6PM.  That got real old real quick.

The absolute worst thing was NPO at midnight, didn't go into surgery until 4:00PM.  I was ready to eat the pillow in the pre-op room. :)

I know feeling about eating pre-op pillows always seem to be same NPO then late afternoon procedure

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

What procedure did you have? There are several types used to relieve sciatic impingement problems.

Laminectomy? Been there done that bought the t shirt. Not alot of fun but did relieve my leg pain. I wasn't that much hungry but woke up feeling like I'd crawled across Arizona in the summer, wanted to drink about 5 gal. of cold water, and all they would give me was ice chips. Wish you the best amigo, hope your luck is as good as mine was.

JHC

Had mine done in 2016 and  hip replacement in 2017 now sciatica is back and will be doing the back thing right after this shooting season is over then the other hip.:FlagAm:

Prayers up for quick healing.

If the Hic-Cups continue, ask your Doc. for a script for Bacloffen (sp). It works great. I learned it isn't good to have hic-cups for longer than 48 hours. After my chemo treatments I would get them for up to 40 hrs. and the Bacloffen helped a bunch. The steroids they give you is what causes it. 

Petey had his decades ago.  I took his mama to see him; at some point in the visit I threatened to send him to her house to recuperate.  Her response (right in front of him) was: you wouldn't really do that, would you?  Baby Girl & I discussed whether we should put a lock on the bedroom door inside (to keep us in) or outside (to keep him in).  You'll be grand.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

What procedure did you have? There are several types used to relieve sciatic impingement problems.

I don't really know for sure, I heard the doc say laminectomy a time or two.  I'd reckon they removed the offending bone that you can see in the MRI.  They may have also done something to the bulged disc.

IMG_8169 (1).JPG

7 hours ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

I don't really know for sure, I heard the doc say laminectomy a time or two.  I'd reckon they removed the offending bone that you can see in the MRI.  They may have also done something to the bulged disc.

IMG_8169 (1).JPG

Very interesting  .I would sit down with my  surgeon and ask for the long term prognosis.   I am very familiar with MRI scans and how to read them a bit. .

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Archived