SASS Wire Forum

Good Prices - Shotshells by the Case

John Boy

Is .36 cents a round shipped a good price for Winchester subsonic shotgun?  Last case I ordered from Brownells was .25 but that was for Fed subsonic (but they shipped HV by mistake due to a manufacturing glitch).

$89.99 per case is not that great. I'm pretty sure I've seen them for $79.99 or even less with free shipping. Plus, you want to wait until the Winchester rebate $2 per box is in effect. Sometime in May usually IIRC.  I do agree Rogers is great, and that's where I usually get mine. 

Those are good prices?

I buy several cases at a time when they drop below $60 per case at the local big box sporting goods store. Of course, I am always looking for 2 3/4" 2 3/4 dram, 1 ounce #8 trap loads. Not the super light stuff.

If you keep looking thru Roger's SG/12 ga shell listings, you will find Federal Metro loads at $69.95. (900 fps)  They are currently out of stock but usually get a big stock in about now.  Give them your email and get on the list.

BTW Federal usually has a rebate going that will save you $, too.  Buy 2 cases and  shipping is free.      Dr. O. R.

I buy AAs when I can get them cheap and when they have their rebate. We reload them. But when we need a bunch and they aren't cheap I have bought the cheap Herters low recoil from Cabelas and they have always worked great in our 97s. I was just going to buy some and didn't realize that they have discontinued them! How come no one warned me so I could stock up? Now I'm really gonna have to watch the sales. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

I was just going to buy some and didn't realize that they have discontinued them! How come no one warned me so I could stock up? Now I'm really gonna have to watch the sales. 

Yeah, bummer. I used to like the Herters shells too. A friend who works at Cabelas told me a few weeks ago they were going to be discontinuing them.

Bummer.

25 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

I buy AAs when I can get them cheap and when they have their rebate. We reload them. But when we need a bunch and they aren't cheap I have bought the cheap Herters low recoil from Cabelas and they have always worked great in our 97s. I was just going to buy some and didn't realize that they have discontinued them! How come no one warned me so I could stock up? Now I'm really gonna have to watch the sales. 

17 minutes ago, Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283 said:

Yeah, bummer. I used to like the Herters shells too. A friend who works at Cabelas told me a few weeks ago they were going to be discontinuing them.

Bummer.

Have you tried Estate 2 3/4 dram 1 oz at Wally World. $55 a case(+tax) ?

38 minutes ago, Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283 said:

Bummer.

Discontinuing??

Picking up a new car this weekend, now I know where to take my first drive to!

Herter's line have been discontinued for several months.  Last available by order were about  first of January.   Any found now are from cleaning out the stock room.

Good luck, GJ

2 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

Federals can be bought now for ~$6/box with a $5/case rebate.  I would not ask your children to shoot these but I doubt a 1 oz, 1180 fps load would bother you.  Let's hope Winchester comes through with another $2/box rebate on AAs this year.  There are no announcements yet.

I bought a case of the low recoil Herters for $45/case including shipping.  They work in my '97 well too.  I regret losing them.

3 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

How well do those Federals hold up to reloading compared to AAs? We really just need a lot of shells right now. 

I don't reload Federals but do reload Remington Gun Clubs and AAs.  I have too many AA hulls on hand right now.  Can I give you a trash bag full of AAs at the regional?  (I need the space they take up in my garage.)

2 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I don't reload Federals but do reload Remington Gun Clubs and AAs.  I have too many AA hulls on hand right now.  Can I give you a trash bag full of AAs at the regional?  (I need the space they take up in my garage.)

The Gun Clubs load great and run well in the 97 .

4 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

No, but I will. Hopefully my Walmart carries them. 

Sportsman's Warehouse usually carries them as well.

18 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

How well do those Federals hold up to reloading compared to AAs? We really just need a lot of shells right now. 

Federal Top Gun hulls hold up as well as AAs. You do need a collet style sizer to resize the bases. I load them for my BP loads and the bases corrode before I wear out the hull. 

Archived