SASS Wire Forum

I am getting into reloading and want to see if anyone has a used Square Deal they want to get rid of.  If so, please respond to my email TheOutlawTravisJames@gmail.com 

Please only comment about presses and not about my email being in the post.  Thanks...

9 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

It is a bad idea to put your email address in a WTB add.  Bad people surf web forums like ours looking for this.  Then they search the web and find a picture of what you are looking for and send it to you like they have it for sale.  Once you send the money you never hear from them again.  At least with a PM you stand a chance of knowing if they have a presence on the forum and can see how long they have been a member.  Just my two cents.

5 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

X2 on what NCD is tell'n ya :excl:

Are you only plan'n to load 1 caliber then?

The SDB is a PITA to change calibers on.

OLG

With a second tool head it is very easy to do. The SDB already comes with a complete small and a complete large priming assemblies. Three screws and it is changed. 4 screws for the tool head and it is swapped out. This is not NASCAR so an extra 5 minutes to change calibers is no big deal.

I happen to love my SDB and prefer it to a 550 for loading pistol calibers. Auto indexing all but ensure I will not double charge a case. It also significantly reduces the likely hood of not dropping powder in a case. After 50,000 plus rounds the powder measure has proven itself to be exceptionally reliable and consistant.

I can easily load 400+ rounds an hour on my SDB without a bullet or case feeder This includes the time it takes to refill primer tubes and lube cases.  Starting from the time I turn on the lights till I turn them off 3 hours later I can easily load a thousand rounds of ammo on my SDB. This includes installing the correct chage bar, filling and emptying the powder measure, verifying the charge weight, sorting cases to ensure there are no .357s hiding amongst my .38s, filling primer tubes and putting everything away when I am done.

In a few more months I'll have a fully functional case feeder built for my SDB and should be able to load around 600 rounds an hour.

You can't load any rifle calibers on a SDB.

SDB does not use std reloading dies.

Costs more to do a caliber change on a SDB than a D/550 does.

550 uses standard reload dies.

Good to hear the SDB works for you-

I load a lot of rifle calibers.

Stay well,

OLG

48 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

In a few more months I'll have a fully functional case feeder built for my SDB and should be able to load around 600 rounds an hour.

SD, Are you building the feeder or have you found a source for one? I like my SDB as well. I bought an extra primer assembly off Fleebay so its real quick to change from lg. to sm. & vice versa now. No more having to readjust for the different size.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

SD, Are you building the feeder or have you found a source for one? I like my SDB as well. I bought an extra primer assembly off Fleebay so its real quick to change from lg. to sm. & vice versa now. No more having to readjust for the different size.

I am building one from scratch. Right now it is limited to 38 specials or .357s. although once I get the bugs worked out it will work with larger cases all the way up to 45 colt.

To work with short cases like 45ACP and 9mm would require changing out more significant parts but it is doable. The hardest caliber may be 32s as the case diameter is so small.

I got the idea off of YouTube. Saw one that a guy made for 9mm and 45 ACP. His was steel that he welded up. Mine is all aluminum. I wanted a lighter unit to reduce the wear and tear on the press ram. When I get it done I'll post the design to the wire. 

I had a great case feeder for my SDB.  The problem was that he grew up and went off to college.  So, I had to buy a 650 with an electric case feeder.

The SDB is a great machine for pistol caliber reloads.  Changing calibers is easier than changing them on my 650.  The key is having a tool head for each caliber so the dies don't have to be reset.  It's a 10 minute operation at most.  Readjusting the powder drop is the most time consuming thing but you'd have that problem with any of the Dillon machines unless you buy a lot of extra powder measures.

You can buy used caliber conversions on ebay at a decent price....sometimes.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, Nickel City Dude said:

It is a bad idea to put your email address in a WTB add.  Bad people surf web forums like ours looking for this.  Then they search the web and find a picture of what you are looking for and send it to you like they have it for sale.  Once you send the money you never hear from them again.  At least with a PM you stand a chance of knowing if they have a presence on the forum and can see how long they have been a member.  Just my two cents.

I am well aware of how internet scams work.  Thanks guys.

Archived