SASS Wire Forum

QUALITY LEATHER

Tequila Shooter

Today was a great day, I got my new rig from Stockyard Johnny Red Leather. I ordered a new belt, with 2 strong side holsters, 2 spare ammo holders, and a badge holder. I also ordered a matching shotshell belt. I can't say enough good things about not only the product but the man. I talked to John quite a bit before placing the order and explained what I was looking for from the holsters to ammo holders to the shotshell holder. He listened made some recommendations and then went about making a great set up. I asked for simple just some tooling and I wanted it 2 tone, no conchos, no bling, just all business and he delivered that perfectly.

Now for the amazing part, when others are quoting build times in months (3-6 being common) John talked in weeks, and if you're like me you just can't wait to get something once it's ordered. If you're thinking of getting a whole new rig or just need some custom loading blocks I'd strongly recommend getting in touch with him before you order anything.

Congratulations.  Never heard  of him, but if he has a web site and is easy to get in touch with, then you probably just made a 4-6 week turnaround into a 3-6 month turnaround lol

There are a number of leather makers that can equal the quality of the "top" leathermakers, complete a two holster and a belt rig under four weeks and charge close to half the price.

Archived