SASS Wire Forum

SHOT SHELLS FOR FL CHAMPIONSHIP

Tequila Shooter

I'm going to my first state championship match this weekend and wondered how many shotgun shells should I bring for a 3 day shoot.  I load my own and I'd prefer not to have to buy any.

Thanks for the help

Take plenty - six per stage, then double it to account for side matches. Triple it if you're going to shoot a Wild Bunch match. A case or two of shotshells doesn't take up much extra room in the trunk or bed of the truck. ;)

it's a ten stage match,,, figure 2 boxes for main match, without misses,,,,  3 boxes will do for that,,   and then add side match and warm up stages,,,I'm taking 6 boxes

17 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

it's a ten stage match,,, figure 2 boxes for main match, without misses,,,,  3 boxes will do for that,,   and then add side match and warm up stages,,,I'm taking 6 boxes

This.......but unlike Cheyenne, put some powder in your shells.:P

Some good advice above, Tequila.  There are 43 shotgun knockdowns plus a flyer (with makeup opportunity) and quite a few rifle/pistol knockdowns that can be made up, so . . . .  There are 4 warmup stages, and Speed Shotgun with 6 targets which you can shoot as many times as you like.  And that's not counting Wild Bunch.  I wouldn't worry about bringing too many shotshells.  Taking a few boxes home won't hurt anything.

Archived