SASS Wire Forum

Face time call

Rye Miles #13621

Tonight I got a face time call from an unknown number! First time that's ever happened! Once in a great while my son will call me on face time just to kid around.

I disabled my face time on settings. I hope I did it right! That was kinda creepy! I also blocked that number and deleted it!

Anyone ever get a FT call from someone you don't know?:o

Yes. They made it by mistake. Nice girl. She apologized and we hung up. I never use FaceTime. I thought it was my daughter calling. 

We FaceTime with the grandkids quite often as they are spread all over the country and world at times. Some numbers that show up are unfamiliar sometimes and they will let us know they want to FaceTime through a phone call or email.

4 hours ago, Grass Range said:

Facetime?

9 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Would you believe that I have no idea what y'all are talking about?

Okay guys, FaceTime is when you’re talking to someone on your smart phone you can both switch to face time which allows you to see the person you’re talking to. Pretty cool if both parties agree to it. The call I got the other night was from someone I didn’t know and it came through as face time! I hung up and deleted the call .I have now turned off face time. I can put it back on if I want.

53 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Would you believe that I have no idea what y'all are talking about?

Yes...often...:P

35 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

another advantage on not owning a cell phone :D

We FaceTime on the IPad and laptop, never FaceTimed on a cell phone:D.

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

another advantage on not owning a cell phone :D

Why? You can turn the face time feature off if that bothers you! I turned mine off! I love my I-Phone!! I'd never want to be without one!

Earlier this year I heard hackers were able to use facetime to spy on people.  Somehow they were able to listen in through your phone even if you didn't pick up the phone.  If you use facetime, make sure it's updated.  Apple was supposed to have fixed that flaw back in february. 

On 4/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, Yul Lose said:

We FaceTime on the IPad and laptop, never FaceTimed on a cell phone:D.

your reply shows just how much I don't understand cell phones.  

my hope is to one day be lost in the woods without any form of contact with outside world and be eaten by wolves :)

A cell phone is actually a computer that you can make calls with!

I have a flip phone in my pocket and a computer on my desk.  If they were combined it would be heavy to carry around all day.  Last time I needed a phone I was told flip phones were not an option anymore.  I told my wife then I didn't want a phone and I would just use hers when I was home.  A flip phone was miraculously found for me.

Archived