SASS Wire Forum

FS Original 1873 Winchester

1873 Winchester shipped in 1886 as a 26", set trigger, 32wcf. Winchester letter included with the sale. $1500 firm plus what ever the USPS priority mail shipping is.

Gun is currently in 19.5" half mag gun that looks to be professionally done at some time in its life. Comb of the stock has a relief cut for a peep sight. Gun functions fine. Set trigger does not. But can be repaired. It is a project I am not likely to finish so it is for sell.

I love half mag tube guns and the 32wcf. 19.5" barrel, half mag holds 6, with one in the chamber 7. Clean chop job on the barrel and the to put it back together. Bore is as expected for a black powder gun built in 1885. Wood is original and pretty good. Only one major ding where someone cut a notch in the comb for a tang sight. Every original I've owned has had a really nice trigger even without use of the set trigger. No exception here. Barrel still has some blue although likely a reblue when it was chopped. Rest of the metal is pretty much in the white.

Gun reminds me of the '73 Paul Neman used in "Hombre".

DSC02788.JPG

Archived