SASS Wire Forum

Another Poucher

Texas Lizard

Elephants did him in and lions took over from there...Said they found his pants and skull...What was left of it...I figure the lions are using the rest to clean their teeth...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/authorities-suspected-rhino-poacher-trampled-to-by-elephant-remains-eaten-by-lion-in-south-africa

Sounds like they need more lions to control the problem...They do a better job...And no left overs....

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

All Righty Dighty!!  Excellent plan.  I'm for more LIONS!!

Actually, I wouldn't be too upset if a Bounty were placed on poachers and "Open Season" declared.

There is an open season on poachers in some areas. Don't now about the bounty, probably be a lot fewer poachers if there was a bounty.

I abhor poachers, regardless of continent. 

Years ago I turned a guy in for poaching. Turned out he was buddies with the local DFG guys - did a lot of free contracts for them. Nothing happened except he laid low for a while. 

So, I took it up a few notches. Call one of the executive directors directly and they did a sting on the guy. He lost his hunting and fishing privileges for life and it cost him more than $10,000 to stay out of jail. He also lost the truck and the guns he was using when they caught him in a sting operation. 

I think he got off light.

15 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

It would be very difficult for me to generate any sympathy for the guy. 

My sympathy is for the lions...Last time they got three this time only one...Just a snack...

Texas Lizard

Oh, poacher. I though it was gonna be about kangaroos. ;)

Archived