SASS Wire Forum

New Siren For Tasmanian Police

Subdeacon Joe

16 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

When the Brit’s needed help during this he Italian campaign they request to “Send up two tanks, or a piper.”

Seamus

And when Black Bear is played and it's coming at you, there is only one thing to do.

RUN 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If the sound of bagpipes were used as sirens I would have to go somewhere else to live...

Why? The bag pipes are going to annoy criminals hanging out on street corners a lot more than they will you sitting inside your house.  If you stick it out and wear ear plugs pretty soon the need for bag pipe sirens will cease all on its own.

13 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Why? The bag pipes are going to annoy criminals hanging out on street corners a lot more than they will you sitting inside your house.  If you stick it out and wear ear plugs pretty soon the need for bag pipe sirens will cease all on its own.

I do not like bagpipes. If I had to listen to them for long I would probably become the criminal. Haha :lol:

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I do not like bagpipes. If I had to listen to them for long I would probably become the criminal. Haha :lol:

But you own ear muffs / plugs and it would occur to you to use them. The average criminal is dummer than 98% of the rest of the population so earplugs would never even cross his or her mind even if they were staring at a box full of them.

It's funny, bagpipes never bothered me until I got tinnitus. Now they sound like fingernails on a chalkboard...especially playing that annoying $#%@& song "baby sharks".

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

"baby sharks".

I don't have kids so I had to looks that one up. That is painfully anoying without the bag pipes. The bag pipe verson didn't even make sense.

Archived