SASS Wire Forum

Where'd you get your alias?

Tyrel Cody

I'm sure we've done this before, but I'm lazy and just want to start another alias topic. 

Like many, I'm sure, I grew up reading Louis L'Amour books. So when it came time to get an alias for SASS I was going to choose one of my favorite characters, Tyrel Sackett; but, of course that was taken. So I grabbed that for a first name and the last name from another famous cowboy to come up with Tyrel Cody.

How'd you get yours?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two of the many brands we've used over 6 generations ranching here started with Jbar, so I became known as J Bar when I started CAS. I went to register the name several years ago, and there already WAS a J Bar. :blink:

OK... one of the Star Wars movies was out, and one of my kids said, "Dad, you could be J Bar Binks". :rolleyes: So... I became a bumbling, long-eared, space cowboy. :lol:

100_2511.JPG

Originally, I was 'Widowmaker Hill'.    Everyone started calling me 'Widder' about 10 years ago

and it stuck.

Sooooooooo, I officially changed it to Widder.

I think it means deriletic, worthless friend of TN Williams..... :lol:

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Originally, I was 'Widowmaker Hill'.    Everyone started calling me 'Widder' about 10 years ago

and it stuck.

Sooooooooo, I officially changed it to Widder.

I think it means mentor to that ice cream hog,  TN Williams..... :lol:

..........Widder

Fixed that for you...

Big Island

Lots of Cowboys there.

However I have lots of aliases depending on the situation or who you're talking to.:lol:

Waimea

I originally shot under the name Brimstone when I first tried it years ago. Started back up last summer and that name was taken. My fathers dad settled and raised his family in a little spot called turkey flats. My mothers dad went by the name Jack. So I thought i'd show hummage to both. 

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

100_1884.thumb.JPG.46a68af1d5bd83ad75663168a343ffd9.JPG

Nice,nice, very nice.:FlagAm:

Horg is nickname the wife and I both share. So, Eyesa (Isa) Horg, Shesa Horg. However her alias became Ellie Phant due to collecting elephants. ( Not the full size animals thank God!)

Derived from an Army call sign.  I used to be NozzleRag.

The real story is.  My dad was career Navy and he married a girl from West Texas.

Her dad, my grand dad was a real West Texas Cowboy.  He had a small ranch and would say he had 3 dry cows,  a mule and broke down cow pony, a great dog and woman that loved him.

I showed up at his place when I was three years old.  I had flaming red hair, at that age, just like his mother.  He got me stick a horse, two cap pistols and a red cowboy hat.  He nick-named me "Texas Red" and it's kinda stuck.  Course this was long before Marty Robbins came up with "Big Iron"

So there it is

Texas Red

I was born just south of Tombstone, AZ. When I tried to get that as an alias I was told it was too broad thus, Tennessee Tombstone. That was 19 years ago.

Easy.

From the Italian Western called 'They Call Him Cemetery'.

https://youtu.be/ck6ErOz4GeY

There's a saloon scene where the two gunfighters are talking, and one tell's the other 'that' you're giving so much work to the Undertaker, he started calling you Cemetery'........

From Toronto, but spent 5 summers in Scottsdale AZ and Lubbock TX as a kid. We had a huge cactus garden in our driveway in Scottsdale, so I have cactus in my blood (and left a bit of blood on many a cactus). The “Mike” part was a choice my parents made. 

Named after a cartoon character that was created to be my avatar in a couple of online animation forums I frequented back when I first came online in the mid 90's

Said character:

hkumodl.gif.2139725c3fe3386b94403ab35c8c8180.gif

And that's all I'll say, for now.   Maybe someday more details will be forthcoming.

Actually, I will say that the Uriah part was indirectly named after Uriah the Hittite, but it's far to complicated to explain how.  

Mine came from thing Gabby Hayes did in a lot of the old movies-----hero would be talking to him about what the movies bad guy had done and Gabby's reply would be "why that dirty low down"---whoever the hero was --Gene or Roy--would interrupt him before he could finish up on saying dirty low down whatever *****::^^### of *****------!!

Got to thinking one day. Kids and all their OMG. Sooo...my mind working as it sometimes does...and getting older...and my profile pic kinda tells the rest...

Born, raised and live in Fort Worth Texas which is known as Cowtown (where the West begins)

Been registered with the Boy Scouts since 8 years old and still registered at age 64

prefer to be called Scout since there are lots of Cowtowns

My first name is Charles, hence the Charlie. My family is of Scots descent, dad's name was Neil, so I became Charlie MacNeil...

I grew up around Grande Centre, Medley, Cold Lake.

Somehow I couldn't figure out a name worked around the first two, but the last kinda jumped out at me.

I am thinking about changing it from Kid to Grump.

I live on the Oregon coast where we have lots of big waves and sand dunes. Spindrift is the mist or sand that blows off the top of waves and sand dunes in a high wind. I added the “er” for a bit of western flavor and Spindrifter I am.

My other hobby is Gardening and Canning. I make a canned Salsa and have won the blue ribbon at the Iowa State Fair twice. I usually bring a jar and chips to enjoy after our local shoots

Archived